Thursday, September 28, 2006

Inspired by True Events - Lov

So, officially, the film is completed. I only need to export it and test the sound through once.

I was telling a friend today there's a difference between saying
"I like this film" and "This is a good film".

You'll rarely (perhaps never) hear me say "this is a good film" about my own film. But sometimes you'll hear me say "I like this film" because sometimes I love the process of laughing with friends, cutting funny clips, or watching people fumble when they try to act.

So, I like this film. Lov, I mean.

It's by far the most personal movie I've done. To be honest, I'm still unsure of whether I should slip in a line at the beginning/end of the show saying that this film is "inspired by true events". I mean, everything fictional is in one way or another inspired by true events, otherwise there's nothing to fictionalize right.

But yes. Inspired by true events.

Lov is a collection of 6 short romance stories involving 'best' friends. Some end well, some don't. Some don't end. Some don't start.

Inspired by true events. Not saying that I've personally experienced everything that I've shot. Also not saying that I know people close to me who've experienced those stuff. Some yes. Some no.

Lov is indeed very close to my heart. More than anything else I've done. And I hope to be able to always do that. That being said, after this film, there'll be no love stories from me for a while. It's my favorite topic for sure, but sorta running out of steam with it already.

It's my last film to be made while I'm a student in Monash. I considered making a Psycho: KL, or a cheesy farewell party clip, or a Superman short, or a TaKau 2 as a personal farewell to a memorable 4 years of making dumb films for fun.

Then I thought about it.
Lov = Love story + Love story + Love story + Love story + Love story + Love story

Sounds exactly like what Meng Yoe would do. It's a fitting farewell, then, for me to talk about love.

And better yet, it stars old and new friends.

And yes, it's about love.

And here's a spoiler. You don't get to hear the line, "They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true." Promise.

No time stopping sequence ala Captivation as well. No cheating.

Time doesn't stop in Lov.

see u at the premiere.

*

October 3rd, 2006
12 noon
Journalism Lab
Duration: 20 mins

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna see! I wanna see! But it's on Wednesday, no? Haih...

11:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tuesday la sayang.

1:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apa ni? Sayang?! Hmm...

6:38 pm  
Blogger joanne liyeng said...

HAHAHA yikes susie don't freak out. it's only me.

forgot to er, specify who. was posting on another pc, so lazy to login hehe :P

12:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home