Monday, July 18, 2005

Rebooting Wastings (#24)

I just completed my month long holiday. Classes resumed this morning. This must mean that my time to start wasting time in campus has begun again!

Let me make it very clear that people's time during the semester does not necessarily go to waste. It's just that it's my hobby to waste time in campus.

What happened during the holidays, one might ask. After all, holidays are meant to be wasted, either with desperate attempts to make some extra money or just sleep. But no. I find desperately making money, running around the globe, or sleeping to be the perfect use of time. Why? Because that's what holidays are for. So in other words, desperate attempts to earn extra pocket money, yam cha, and sleep are the goals for the holiday, and I daresay most of us have achieved that! "Wasting time" is when we are NOT doing what we're supposed to be doing. And that happens when we are in the academic semester, because we never study, we never plan ahead, we never do our assignments until the eleventh hour and fifty ninth minute and fifty ninth second, and we never (or rarely) have full attendance for any subject.

Time is wasted when people like me write things that can be said to be un-academic, like this wasting away post here.

Let me say that this semester is my last semester, and after that, "Wasting Away" posts will take a different form. Even now as I type, I'm already wondering how our time wasting sessions will be different since a lot of my friends have graduated and are pursuing bigger and better (or perhaps, sleeping a lot in a manner that many would consider to be "wasting time" but as I've said earlier, it's not wasting time if sleeping for a few months is their primary objective. Productivity is another topic, and even so, sleeping is a productive thing, because firstly, time passes by better; secondly, we dream; thirdly, we feel good; fourthly the list goes on and on) things.

Later in the day Kerry-Ann and Benjamin will be dropping by to finish off Siren with me and Anna, possibly. They are both done with the course but are still back to accompany me. haha. Sze Ning overslept this morning so my PDA has officially failed to perform her duties as my PDA on the first day of the semester, which resulted in me having to collect books and take notes for me, which on any other day, is her job. Sarah will be back for one final psychotic semester with the rest of us. Fikri should be around sometime this week. Wanie and Bei Yan and Shi Ying are around as well.

Haihz... How goes life?

Things should be fun. It certainly seems like it's going to be a really boring semester.

Kerry-Ann just called, she's coming over to meet me now.

Anyway. as I was saying, it certainly seems like it's going to be a really boring semester, because of the change of people, change of this and that. But really, who gives a hoot about it? We'll find pleasure somehow. We always do.

I'm sure Szen will conjure some tricks that will make people laugh, and perhaps Fikri will tell really funny jokes, and hope that Sarah will do a few more of her embarrassing acts that is blog-worthy in my wasting away posts, and who knows, this semester's time wasting sessions might just be as fun as the last.

Let me say this, though.

They say when you...











































meet really beautiful people, you should just tell them they're beautiful.



































You thought I was going to say "that line" right?























You are beautiful, whoever you are, reading this.

Unless you're Shi Ying, of course.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Twit said...

Gee, thanks.

1:49 pm  
Blogger gutsygal said...

haihz..started lah first day onli having stupid posts liaoz... ~>.<~

6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...itchy fingers now, so I think I juz post u something lah... ;P

You know what I think the most beautiful thing is?

That you found yourself a new line to say.

Have a good sem, Meng Yoe.

9:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home