Never Shop With Six Women
Hey there.
I'm here to entertain everyone with a new post that tell of exciting adventures of mine in Bangkok so far! Well, Bangkok itself is one thing. But those who read my blog regularly will know that I rarely blog about myself and myself only and my day to day stuff. However, some of the stuff that has been happening to me and my friends are worthy of my "wasting away" nonsense.
Anyway, yesterday (Friday) I was debating whether I should join the girls (almost every single girl... in fact EVERY single girl) for shopping in Chatuchak, the biggest market in the whole wide world (this is a fact, not my usualy blowment of normative proportions). The thing is, I'm not the shopper type, and shopping BORES the hell out of me.
On the other hand I was contemplating on taking the city train from one end of Bangkok right to the other end, just to see the city in it's full glory, then take a boat ride back to Pommahokan, a small village near where I am staying. I wanted some time of my own, see, to do my own thing. I like to do that, just walk around, see things, think bout stuff. It's that sense of liberation that makes me feel... liberated from the everyone.
It was a 50-50 decision all the way to this morning. We slept at 3 last night, and this morning everyone kinda woke up at 10ish. I was up at 8 something and having breakfast downstairs with three other nerds who were reading papers, books, and writing journals (so was I, actually).
IN THE END I WENT SHOPPING. All of us except Fikri and Dr.Yeoh went to Chatuchak, and when we reached there we split up, and I went shopping with Sarah, girl TMY, Joanna, Shazzy, Wanie and Mal. Don't get me wrong, these are great people to be with, and their company is something which I value with much respect.
So anyway, we started off shopping, and the trend was that initially, most of us were a little lazy to bargain here and there, so we were paying regular prices for some stuff. HOWEVER, when we went deeper into the market, everyone started warming up. The girls started bargaining like mad (profanity [define profanity on your own]). ALL of them. There was this accessory shop where girl TMY held the calculator and bargained with the owner alongside Wanie for ONE FULL HOUR. I stood there and watched them debate over Bahts and I got tired, even though I did not speak a single word.
Then after we were done with that, I breathed a gargantuan sigh of relief, and walked for 2 minutes before they STOPPED AT THE NEXT STALL AND STARTED THE ENTIRE PROCESS AGAIN!
When we were finally done, it was 6p.m. in the evening, and we found out that we were the champion of shoppers, for we were there longer than everyone else, including the "Shopping Gurus" Suet Ying and Sze Mun.
Never shop with 6 women, even if they are pals. They get you tired for doing nothing. Thank goodness none of them made me carry their baggage along the way, or I'd be pulp on the floor by now.
Ha. Ha.
Check out the bangkok blog, http://insearchofbangkok.blogsome.com for more official stuff.
I'm here to entertain everyone with a new post that tell of exciting adventures of mine in Bangkok so far! Well, Bangkok itself is one thing. But those who read my blog regularly will know that I rarely blog about myself and myself only and my day to day stuff. However, some of the stuff that has been happening to me and my friends are worthy of my "wasting away" nonsense.
Anyway, yesterday (Friday) I was debating whether I should join the girls (almost every single girl... in fact EVERY single girl) for shopping in Chatuchak, the biggest market in the whole wide world (this is a fact, not my usualy blowment of normative proportions). The thing is, I'm not the shopper type, and shopping BORES the hell out of me.
On the other hand I was contemplating on taking the city train from one end of Bangkok right to the other end, just to see the city in it's full glory, then take a boat ride back to Pommahokan, a small village near where I am staying. I wanted some time of my own, see, to do my own thing. I like to do that, just walk around, see things, think bout stuff. It's that sense of liberation that makes me feel... liberated from the everyone.
It was a 50-50 decision all the way to this morning. We slept at 3 last night, and this morning everyone kinda woke up at 10ish. I was up at 8 something and having breakfast downstairs with three other nerds who were reading papers, books, and writing journals (so was I, actually).
IN THE END I WENT SHOPPING. All of us except Fikri and Dr.Yeoh went to Chatuchak, and when we reached there we split up, and I went shopping with Sarah, girl TMY, Joanna, Shazzy, Wanie and Mal. Don't get me wrong, these are great people to be with, and their company is something which I value with much respect.
So anyway, we started off shopping, and the trend was that initially, most of us were a little lazy to bargain here and there, so we were paying regular prices for some stuff. HOWEVER, when we went deeper into the market, everyone started warming up. The girls started bargaining like mad (profanity [define profanity on your own]). ALL of them. There was this accessory shop where girl TMY held the calculator and bargained with the owner alongside Wanie for ONE FULL HOUR. I stood there and watched them debate over Bahts and I got tired, even though I did not speak a single word.
Then after we were done with that, I breathed a gargantuan sigh of relief, and walked for 2 minutes before they STOPPED AT THE NEXT STALL AND STARTED THE ENTIRE PROCESS AGAIN!
When we were finally done, it was 6p.m. in the evening, and we found out that we were the champion of shoppers, for we were there longer than everyone else, including the "Shopping Gurus" Suet Ying and Sze Mun.
Never shop with 6 women, even if they are pals. They get you tired for doing nothing. Thank goodness none of them made me carry their baggage along the way, or I'd be pulp on the floor by now.
Ha. Ha.
Check out the bangkok blog, http://insearchofbangkok.blogsome.com for more official stuff.



1 Comments:
ur head actually we were der till 6pm too...haha! me n suet yeing still the champions k? HAH! n who sez i am a shopping guru? suet yeing beats me handsdown...u r lucky i read dis when u left or else i swear to god i would have whacked u!
Post a Comment
<< Home