No Entry to Sin City
Early in the year, I listed down a few films under the "must-watch-even-if-the-end-of-the-world-is-coming-soon" category. Among these elite class of highly anticipated films were of course Star Wars 3, Kingdom of Heaven, Memoirs of a Geisha, and... Sin City.
Now, of the above list, SIN CITY would probably rank behind Star Wars as the second most highly anticipated movie for me.

It came out in the USA in April to raving reviews for its state of the art visual style, and it was also praised for its level of faithfulness to the original comic, with many critics saying that this is how a comic adaptation should be done.
So anyway, I waited. I harboured a guess that it'll be banned here, for extreme violence and gore as well as a certain amount of nudity and all that. But the posters were up in the cinema, and trailers were screened. I tried to believe in the Malaysian censorship board for once. It was scheduled to be released in June.
Of course it got banned.
So the DVD is next.
I waited. I waited for the clear version of the DVD to be out. So today, I decided that it is time I quench my thirst of the sinful nature of Robert Rodriguez's dark alleys of Sin City.
I got home, turned on the T.V. and played Sin City.
Only the audio and visual did not match.
Stupid DVD.
Now, of the above list, SIN CITY would probably rank behind Star Wars as the second most highly anticipated movie for me.

It came out in the USA in April to raving reviews for its state of the art visual style, and it was also praised for its level of faithfulness to the original comic, with many critics saying that this is how a comic adaptation should be done.
So anyway, I waited. I harboured a guess that it'll be banned here, for extreme violence and gore as well as a certain amount of nudity and all that. But the posters were up in the cinema, and trailers were screened. I tried to believe in the Malaysian censorship board for once. It was scheduled to be released in June.
Of course it got banned.
So the DVD is next.
I waited. I waited for the clear version of the DVD to be out. So today, I decided that it is time I quench my thirst of the sinful nature of Robert Rodriguez's dark alleys of Sin City.
I got home, turned on the T.V. and played Sin City.
Only the audio and visual did not match.
Stupid DVD.



3 Comments:
Mine barely had audio.
nevermind sin city.
wasn't watching eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (in MY COMPANY no less) much more rewarding??
lol
lov,
ur misteri admirer
wahahaha! i told u to borrow mine wan lah...haihz..now its in aussie wif my fren...TOO BAD! =P btw jessica is so so so damn hot...but kissing bruce is so so so wrong..ugh! >.<
Post a Comment
<< Home