Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Passing Thought about Kate Winslet

Okay, you know how they pick the winner of the Honorary Oscar every year? It's usually an old dude or duddette who has been nominated many many times in the past but have never won, so they get an Honorary one in their old age, before they die, so they are you know, honoured with at least one win in their life, for their overall achievement.

Recent winners include Peter O' Toole, who had 7 other nominations in his life before the Academy got fed up and gave it to him at age 71. Then you have Robert Altman receiving it last year, having being nominated 5 times before. He died within the same year. This year's receipient is Ennio Morricone, a composer nominated 5 times before, now age 78.

Okay, I'll predict one of the recepient for this award. Maybe 40 years from now. Kate Winslet's gonna receive the Honorary Oscar. At age 31 she already has 4 Oscar nominations (and another possible one this year) with ZERO wins. She's done it at such a young age.


Kate in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Thing about her is, I like her. I generally enjoy her acting. I really liked her in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and absolutely was blown away by her role in The Life of David Gale, and she was the only good thing about Finding Neverland, and recently I watched All The King's Men, which she did fairly well in (and no, Titanic stinks. So let's not talk about that one) But put her over the top and actually win something? Not sure if it'll happen. Possibly she'll have a 9 or 10 winless record before being honoured. Haha.

Near future winner? Martin Scorsese. But he might win the real thing next month, so hold your breath.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think superratty TMY deserves the award himself!

8:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh...like d possibility of Johnny Depp gettin award for remarkable performance in Pirates...

James Cameron comin out wif new movie!!!yayy!!

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home