Friday, January 05, 2007

Sushi Makan

So today I had some friends come over for makan. Most of them were classmates from days past. May Yee, Sarah Jane, Szen, and myself just recently finished our most dreaded Honours year in Monash. Mal just finished her Mistress degree in Aussie. The rest came from work. One from CF. Two from church. One from a burrow.

Earlier in the day Sarah Jane and Mal came over to help me make sushi. It was our first time. We started from scratch. With some help from my mom. We made sushi. We cut this and that, fried this and that, and rolled this and that.

Then we makaned. Here are some photos. Let me just mention that I missed taking pictures of two other guests, Grace and Meng Hong, who dropped by for a short while to eat stuff. Too bad Josh didn't come. And thanks Mal for the lovely dessert.


While waiting for Sarah Jane and Mal, I took some pics of my niece. Here's one.


hard work.


My niece is a brave little girl. She danced before my friends. I didn't take a picture today, so here's one from last week where she danced before my cousins. I bet you May Yee can't do a quarter of that.

In fact, I can prove it. Check this out -


Fail.


Ah. Been a while since I saw Benji.


Shu and Suan Mei. I didn't get a pic, but when Shu arrived, she didn't bother much with pleasantries and ate. and ate. and ate.


Then the traditional storytelling session began.


Most of the ladies arrived before Ben and Meng Hong, so my brother asked if I'm picking a wife. I said no, but that's not say that I'm not surrounded by lovely women. Here's Szen and Sarah Jane chatting (notice Ah Lien's weird smile. Like a wicked witch.)


Shu wasn't sure she could make it for the dinner, but when she heard I had the Darth Tater toy... No really. She said it herself. She came for this.


Eating food.


Group photo right before we decided to call it a night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fikri said...

Looks like I missed out on a fair amount of fun :>

1:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sushi eh? Hehe. I heard about this one from Ms. Shu. Not bad, not bad... expanding culinary abilities...

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home