Monday, July 17, 2006

Wasting Away: Anniversary 2006b

I am writing this post to commemorate my favourite series of posts on my blog. The "wasting away" posts about my uni friends and the M-Lab.

So today, right now, I'm supposed to be typing my thesis. I'm in a room for the honours students, and right beside me is one hard working girl. Sarah Jane Long How Power. Her full name is Sarah Jane Ah Lien Long How Power Very Keng.


"don't la take my picture. Didn't put make-up today lah"

I must say that for 70% of the old Wasting Away posts, the inspiration for all the nonsense was her (her stupidity, mostly). I always start off by telling a tale about something stupid Sarah Jane says and follow up with what everyone else is doing.

So if there's a cast credit list to my series, Sarah Jane gets the first name. Other cast members are Fikri, Ben, Kerry, Shazzy, Szen, Mal, May Yee and many many many very special guest appearances by other friends.

So anyway, here goes.

Sarah said, "How do I know that I'm the cream of the crop", referring to her status as a scholarship reciepient and a brainiac of Monash Malaysia.

I said, "First of all, we're not crops. We're human beings. And you're not cream."

"I'm not? But I put cream on my face today!"

"You did?"

"Uh huh."

"You still look ugly."

"I do? Oh no!!! What do I do?"

*

Sarah is on the phone with her friend. Throughout most of the conversation I've been irritating her. So she said at some point to her friend, "Meng Yoe is here with me... Yes, Meng Yoe is here with me till late... Yeah he's so handsome summore... OH NO OH NO HE'S GONNA BLOG THAT!!! OH NO!!!"

Not a fabrication ok.

*

And that's Sarah Jane Cheong How Keng for you. Till next year.



*p/s It'd be nice if you're one of my classmates from that era (you know which era I'm talking about) to post a comment here. Just say hi or something, just so that we all know that you are alive.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

m-m-m-m-mm-m-m-meeengg yoeeeeeeee

12:44 am  
Blogger Fikri said...

Oi.

I missed the Wasting Away series man. Sometimes, even when I'm not in uni on that day, reading the posts makes me feel like I'm there. My favourite series, along with your match ups. Nice one :>

10:19 pm  
Blogger gutsygal said...

miss u SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much in the m-lab

12:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello All,

Alive, well and proud to be defined by that era.

9:52 am  
Blogger Eddie G. said...

Bah. I'm a Post-ThatEra ideologue. Still, better late than never.

1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home