Dua Kosong Kosong Tujuh (2007)
There are a number of big shot movies coming out in 2007, many of which have made some form of appearance on this blog. I will be careful to not make the mistake of discounting Pirates 3 as a contender, seeing that many predict that Pirates 2 (currently showing) has the potential of topping Titanic for the all time box office record.
And while there will be whines and cheers of optimism, enthusiasm, caution, or disdain for films such as Spiderman Tiga, Transformers, Fantastic Empat Dua, Indiana Jones Empat, and banyak lagi, here's one feature film that might be a little obscure at the moment in terms of publicity.

Stardust
Director: Matthew Vaughn (produced Lock Stock and A Barrell of Chewing Gum (okay that's not the exact title, but something like that. He also directed Layer Cake, and almost directed X-Men 3)
Screenplay: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn
Based on the novel of the same title by Neil Gaiman.
Budget: $65million (Spiderman is reportedly costing studious around 300m, easily the most expensive film ever made. I think it's crazy because the film sorta grosses about 300m in the US anyway. And that's just production cost. Usually big films spend another 100m for so for marketing purposes. So, unless the producers are pretty darn sure that Spidey will break 500m, which to date, only Titanic has done so, I think it is crazy.)
Aha. Will tell you more about Stardust when in a few days time since I'm actually reading the book at the moment. I'm also reading Neverwhere, which I must say isn't as good as I hoped it would be. Once I'm done with these two books, do recommend me some other books to read.
Oh I forgot. For those of you with no interest in the trivia nonsense, here are the key performers in Stardust.
Charlie Cox (ok I don't know who he is)
Claire Danes
Robert De Niro
Michelle Pheiffer
Sienna Miller
Jason Flemyng
Rupert Everett
And while there will be whines and cheers of optimism, enthusiasm, caution, or disdain for films such as Spiderman Tiga, Transformers, Fantastic Empat Dua, Indiana Jones Empat, and banyak lagi, here's one feature film that might be a little obscure at the moment in terms of publicity.

Stardust
Director: Matthew Vaughn (produced Lock Stock and A Barrell of Chewing Gum (okay that's not the exact title, but something like that. He also directed Layer Cake, and almost directed X-Men 3)
Screenplay: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn
Based on the novel of the same title by Neil Gaiman.
Budget: $65million (Spiderman is reportedly costing studious around 300m, easily the most expensive film ever made. I think it's crazy because the film sorta grosses about 300m in the US anyway. And that's just production cost. Usually big films spend another 100m for so for marketing purposes. So, unless the producers are pretty darn sure that Spidey will break 500m, which to date, only Titanic has done so, I think it is crazy.)
Aha. Will tell you more about Stardust when in a few days time since I'm actually reading the book at the moment. I'm also reading Neverwhere, which I must say isn't as good as I hoped it would be. Once I'm done with these two books, do recommend me some other books to read.
Oh I forgot. For those of you with no interest in the trivia nonsense, here are the key performers in Stardust.
Charlie Cox (ok I don't know who he is)
Claire Danes
Robert De Niro
Michelle Pheiffer
Sienna Miller
Jason Flemyng
Rupert Everett



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home