John Spencer dies

John Spencer, the guy who played White House Chief of Staff Leo McGarry in the ultimate T.V. series hit The West Wing has passed away at the age of 58. He died of a heart attack.
Before his most memorable role as the fatherly, workaholic, alcoholic second man to the President of the United States, Spencer acted in films such as The Rock and The Negotiator, as well as a lawyer in L.A. Law back in the 80s.
As Leo McGarry, he was nominated for the Emmy award for best supporting actor five times, with one win.
If Martin Sheen is the heart of The West Wing, then John Spencer is the soul of it.
*
Sincere condolences.
Out of respect, there will be no blog posts about film/T.V. for a week.



1 Comments:
He was also in Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom. It's a decent game, though his character was killed with a slit to the throat from the back.
When I think of John Spencer, I think of that rather than his role on the West Wing, though I respect his turn in that as well.
Fikri
Post a Comment
<< Home