The World's Greatest Superhero
So next year Superman returns in Superman Returns.
Bryan Singer, mastermind of the X-Men films, is the director. Interesting huh.
The teaser trailer is out, and I must say it looks pretty good. It has the "Superman" feel to it. I mean, the man of steel has always been sold and portrayed as the invincible boy scout, the perfect hero, the super sort of man.
Well, he is Superman, after all.
My brother brought over a copy of Superman: The Movie (1978) starring the now deceased Christopher Reeve. Well obviously, watching it now, the flying is obviously blue screen (it probably still is blue screen now, only done a trillion times better), bla bla bla. But I still enjoyed it.


Christopher Reeve in the old days as Superman
Hate to admit it, but there was a certain point of time when I really wished I was Superman. Maybe when I was 5 or 6. Hey come on, I'm sure half the kids in the world did. I mean, he's the super sort of man, you know.
So, anyway, credit to Bryan Singer so far. The look of the show is brilliant. Credit to John Ottman for stating he'll be using the John Williams themes of the original movie. Superman Returns is a continuation of the SuperReeve series. Of course, I wonder why Brandon Routh (the new Superman actor) looks younger than 30 something, when SuperReeve's character is about 30 something, as explained in the 1978 movie.
And why Kate Bosworth looks 10 years younger than Margot Kidder.
But other than those sort of itsy bitsy things, it really does look quite cool.
SuperReeve made the world go round at during its time (literally, he did spin the world to and fro in the movie. haha.)
Can SuperRouth do the job?

Can he remind the world that Superman is the world's greatest superhero, as the teaser so delightfully proclaims, again?
Bryan Singer, mastermind of the X-Men films, is the director. Interesting huh.
The teaser trailer is out, and I must say it looks pretty good. It has the "Superman" feel to it. I mean, the man of steel has always been sold and portrayed as the invincible boy scout, the perfect hero, the super sort of man.
Well, he is Superman, after all.
My brother brought over a copy of Superman: The Movie (1978) starring the now deceased Christopher Reeve. Well obviously, watching it now, the flying is obviously blue screen (it probably still is blue screen now, only done a trillion times better), bla bla bla. But I still enjoyed it.


Christopher Reeve in the old days as Superman
Hate to admit it, but there was a certain point of time when I really wished I was Superman. Maybe when I was 5 or 6. Hey come on, I'm sure half the kids in the world did. I mean, he's the super sort of man, you know.
So, anyway, credit to Bryan Singer so far. The look of the show is brilliant. Credit to John Ottman for stating he'll be using the John Williams themes of the original movie. Superman Returns is a continuation of the SuperReeve series. Of course, I wonder why Brandon Routh (the new Superman actor) looks younger than 30 something, when SuperReeve's character is about 30 something, as explained in the 1978 movie.
And why Kate Bosworth looks 10 years younger than Margot Kidder.
But other than those sort of itsy bitsy things, it really does look quite cool.
SuperReeve made the world go round at during its time (literally, he did spin the world to and fro in the movie. haha.)
Can SuperRouth do the job?

Can he remind the world that Superman is the world's greatest superhero, as the teaser so delightfully proclaims, again?



6 Comments:
Seeing the pics of the old & new Supes on the same screen does make me think that the costume looks better with the bright red cape.
I have Supergirl (1984), too, if you want to watch it while you wait impatiently for Singer's version.
*yawn* waiting 4 my lunch 2 come...i din sleep much 4 the past 2 days dy...haihzzz i in terengganu now stupid monsoon cup damn grand...got chinoz on the park-KLCC n austin chase here as the caterer but i dun get to eat it...argh! i am hungry n bored...luckily got free streamyx to use..remember to watch live telecast on tuesday yah? hehehe =P
I have the Superman theme running through my head now...
I also have the complete set of classic Fleischer Superman cartoons that ran from 1941 to 1943. Totally awesome!
All I want for Christmas is the 1952 Classic Superman TV series starring George Reeves on DVDs. Actually, the 1996 Superman cartoons ain't a bad idea for my stockings too...
yawn YAWN.
you geek!
He's not a geek, OK?
He's a Superfan! :>
Post a Comment
<< Home