Friday, December 16, 2005

It's called knowing who to like. Ha.

I must say that not every thing I like in the entertainment industry gets recognized the way I feel they should be recognized. For example, my favorite movie of the year usually never wins best picture. My favorite visual effects film almost never wins.

The West Wing is probably one of the very few entertainment product that I truly love that turned out to be record breakers during the awards season. (Don't get me started on the stats. Basically no other T.V. series has ever won as many Emmys as The West Wing)

When it comes to music, I'm even more on the crap side, because I don't listen to THAT many singers, and I don't keep up. Every year I look at the nominations list just for fun and realize that I don't know anybody.

Except for U2



They're old and they're past their best. But they still light up the Grammys every single year. They got 5 nominations this year. What's even better is that the songs nominated are songs I like from the album "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb".

It's just nice to see stuff you like since you were small still in the running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home