Wasting Away #23: One of the Last - Digitalisation and Globalization and the Nation State and Sam-Fu and Bimbo-ing around
Everyone is in campus studying for tomorrow's exam: Cultural and Communications Policy which basically talks about how the public sphere is regulated in a society that is technologically and culturally converging, thus allowing foreign content to be highly accesible to anyone who has access to it, thus allowing for the very concept of the nation-state itself to be undermined and usurped, which can in turn, in a cause-and-effect scenario, create a stir/change in the various public spheres that function within a country, where the private comes together to discuss matters that are of public interest, which has/will (both past present and future) be in some way be influenced by the content of which they are exposed to, which happens to be becoming more global and less local because of digitalisation, where data can be transferred easily with the convergence of technology, which will lead to a convergence of cultures, which will lead to the thought of converging technology and culture as a means to undermine the ideology of the nation-state, which we all know is an imagined community, which will in turn affect the way the various public spheres function since the government will want to regulate the public sphere, but will find more difficulty in doing so because of converging technologies which allow people to participate in public debate in more avenues, which in turn drive technology to further expand to continue this trend of digitalisation and will further converge more forms of communitions which will spur cultural globalization to take place even faster, where information will get to everyone more quickly, thus influencing the people who participate in all forms of public spheres to rock the boat of the ideology of the nation-state.
Don't understand?
Don't worry. Neither do I.
Kerry Ann was asking us in her most bimbotic voice: Why do we study policy? Why can't we talk about nail polish?
Sarah was a bit more enthusiastic about studies. She was asking, "Look at the clothes that you wear, the jeans, the t-shirt, where did all that come from. All the sam fu (clothes in cantonese)?"
Benji hates the word Astro because he's been in and out of that place lately. But Astro is one of the best examples of digitalisation and convergence and privatisation and globalization and bla bla bla. So too bad for him.
Sze Ning wants a kitten. I don't really care.
Wonder where everyone else is.
I'm so bored. Should I continue blabbing about Cultural and Communications Policy?
This will be one of the last Wasting Away posts, since today is possibly one of the last time the few of us as students will be sitting together and talking crap.
Oh yeah, Kerry shaved her legs today I think. Cos she's wearing shorts and walking around, which she rarely does. She's kinda showing off her shiny legs. I think she waxed them too.
I didn't notice that till Benji pointed it out to me. I guess he has a greater level of observing such things.
Shi Ying is sitting behind me watching me type away. I don't know why people, females especically, enjoy objectifying me by LOOKING at me. There's nothing feminine about me, and only females should get objectified, because they ARE objects in the first place. But then again, Shi Ying could be looking at my fingers, which many have deemed to be rather sexy due to its great bones and all that sort of thing.
I'm not blogging in BM this time round because I can ramble faster in English.
Everyone is trying to blab about Cultural and Communications Policy.
Life is really boring. Tomorrow me and Sze Ning might want to catch Batman Begins. Apparently its really good so we're gonna catch Christian Bale kick some scarecrow ass. I think he'll be cooler than Hayden Christensen, but Batman won't be cooler than Star Wars.
I'm getting bored.
Blah.
If I don't blog about time-wasting again, then farewell. If I am, then wow! Farewell later.
Let me say this to you people, if this is the last time: Benji, Szen, Sarah, Kerry, Malina, Shazana, Girl TMY, Shi Ying, Sze Mun, Eva, Fikri, Wani and some of my CF friends and whoever else I've crapped about in my "wasting away" posts, let me bid you farewell if you are graduating. If you are not graduating, then I'll see you next sem. But the thing I really want to say is this: They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true.
And also,
You people stink. Big time.
Don't understand?
Don't worry. Neither do I.
Kerry Ann was asking us in her most bimbotic voice: Why do we study policy? Why can't we talk about nail polish?
Sarah was a bit more enthusiastic about studies. She was asking, "Look at the clothes that you wear, the jeans, the t-shirt, where did all that come from. All the sam fu (clothes in cantonese)?"
Benji hates the word Astro because he's been in and out of that place lately. But Astro is one of the best examples of digitalisation and convergence and privatisation and globalization and bla bla bla. So too bad for him.
Sze Ning wants a kitten. I don't really care.
Wonder where everyone else is.
I'm so bored. Should I continue blabbing about Cultural and Communications Policy?
This will be one of the last Wasting Away posts, since today is possibly one of the last time the few of us as students will be sitting together and talking crap.
Oh yeah, Kerry shaved her legs today I think. Cos she's wearing shorts and walking around, which she rarely does. She's kinda showing off her shiny legs. I think she waxed them too.
I didn't notice that till Benji pointed it out to me. I guess he has a greater level of observing such things.
Shi Ying is sitting behind me watching me type away. I don't know why people, females especically, enjoy objectifying me by LOOKING at me. There's nothing feminine about me, and only females should get objectified, because they ARE objects in the first place. But then again, Shi Ying could be looking at my fingers, which many have deemed to be rather sexy due to its great bones and all that sort of thing.
I'm not blogging in BM this time round because I can ramble faster in English.
Everyone is trying to blab about Cultural and Communications Policy.
Life is really boring. Tomorrow me and Sze Ning might want to catch Batman Begins. Apparently its really good so we're gonna catch Christian Bale kick some scarecrow ass. I think he'll be cooler than Hayden Christensen, but Batman won't be cooler than Star Wars.
I'm getting bored.
Blah.
If I don't blog about time-wasting again, then farewell. If I am, then wow! Farewell later.
Let me say this to you people, if this is the last time: Benji, Szen, Sarah, Kerry, Malina, Shazana, Girl TMY, Shi Ying, Sze Mun, Eva, Fikri, Wani and some of my CF friends and whoever else I've crapped about in my "wasting away" posts, let me bid you farewell if you are graduating. If you are not graduating, then I'll see you next sem. But the thing I really want to say is this: They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true.
And also,
You people stink. Big time.



5 Comments:
argh MENG YOE!!! >.< bish bish bish bish bish but then again you've not crapped about me, so I don't stink.
but still! bish.
*kick* *punch* i dread sharing classes wif u next sem.! >.< argh! anywaz UGLY template! hmph! *bleah*
Yay! I'm not in there....!! Which only means ONE thing, doesn't it!?
I don't stink!!! woohoo!! Cows have stinky poo, but that's as far as it goes! ;) haha Lolz
Lol bei..you and your poo time and pee time :P
and tmy...your bm posting does qualified as jokes la! keep it up! hahaha
You and I...we are one.
Post a Comment
<< Home