Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Government Shit

I've been studyin today. I've been reflecting a lot on the things I've learnt over the last few years.

Here are the dominant themes off the top of my head. It's not necessarily academic theories. But it's stuff I've learnt. I don't necessarily agree with them all, but I've learnt them anyway.

1) The media is a supposed to be a mouthpiece for the public, but here in Malaysia it is not.
2) There is too much censorship. They censor anything and everything.
3) The government likes to tell particularly animated and interesting people to shut up.
4) It's really tough to get your publishing license renewed if you're one of those particularly animated and interesting people.
5) Malaysian T.V. suck. Newsreporting as well.
6) BN didn't really win the 1999(I think) elections

before I go on with the list. Let me say that there are a few cats doing their mating calls outside my house. I can hear them from here. It's really irritating. My mom just barged out of the door and is going downstairs to do something about it. Talk about taking action.

K anyway, the list of things I've learnt

7) Malaysia is not as multi-cultural as we think it is.
8) The government oppressed the minority races. They're being ignored!
9)

Those are the dominant themes.

You want to know something?
As much as I agree with the above statements.
Let me say this.

If I was the government, that's exactly how things will be.

Yes, this is a pro-government post. Nothing is ever too pretty, or too ugly, or perfect.
But I'm a power freak. And IF I am in power (that probably will never happen), I'd want to shut as many people up as possible to STAY in power. Not so much to oppress everyone, but to ensure a sense of stability.

I don't really care if the government really is not doing the above. But I would!

K I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home