Sunday, August 01, 2004

Romantic Sense

When someone asks me, "why do you love her?"
in any situation.
What do I say, when posed such a question?

There was once a time when I believed that there should always be something tangible about how one feels about someone.

Well, now I don't think so.

You don't need a reason to love someone. At the same time you can love many things about that one person.

If it doesn't make sense, throw in the reverse: I can say that I love many things about this girl, but I don't love this girl. At least not in the romantic sense. And since we ARE discussing love from the romantic perspective, I am merely stating that while of course it is not wrong to love someone for many attributes he/she may have, it does not necessarily constitute romantic love.

Now I am a firm believer that from a romantic perspective, love is not really a feeling, but more often than not, a choice. Do we always make our choices based on what we love about the person? Not always. Not often.

So what I'm trying to say is that when someone asks you "why do you love (whoever)?"
Its really not wrong at all to say "I don't need a reason to love her. But I do love many things about her."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home