Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Comic Adultery

I read the other day that Halle Berry won't be reprising her role as Storm in X-Men 3 because her role will not be expanded. That's fine.
 
Then I read that Bryan Singer ditched the directing job for X-Men 3. Apparently he and the X-Men production crew signed to make Superman Returns.
 
Now, Bryan Singer happens to be one of my favorite directors, and as much as I like The Usual Suspects... The X-Men series, particularly X2, is one of my favorite movies of all time (If you're starting to think that I'm an idiot, pick a fight.) And as much as I respect the Man of Steel, I just can't imagine X-Men with a different director.
 
I was saying to a friend, Fox can hire Quentin Tarantino, or raise Kurosawa from the dead. But they're just not Bryan Singer.


Ditching him.      Bryan Singer        For him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home