Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Old

Earlier I was at Shu's place for a farewell makan of sorts with some of the CF people who are leaving. I didn't know most of them well because well, it's a generation beyond me already, but it was alright. Had some fun.

Later in the night Shu invited everyone to a tour of her oversized room. While everyone was busy doing this and that and looking for photos of men and dare I say women, Shu pointed an old CF group photo to me and Vincent. It's a black and white pic dating back to early 2004. We both got so excited and started naming everyone we remembered.

Feels weird. To be frank I never quite got into a social groove in CF last year (2006). It's really not because I'm old (ok maybe a bit), but there was a sense that it's past my bedtime sorta thing. I did meet a lot of new people that I have come to love very much and will continue to care for and all that cheesy stuff, some perhaps more than the people that I've lost touch with during 'my' time... but still. For whatever reason, I missed my day. My prime. Whatever.

And the photo was a good memory. The people that made up the season which I believe for a very long time to come, will be referred to as "the time of my life" or "some of the best memories ever", or "when I met some of the most important people in my life", or "the most hectic yet amazing season". Bruce was in the photo. His girlfriend, Eline too. So was Ck. Kajang. Xiao Jing. Jane. Sue still had pretty hair. Vincent had upright hair. I looked good as usual. Nat. Li Yit. Lydia. (while they were still in denial). Huey, when she was still pretty (still is. a bit.) Becka. Mic. Steven. Shu's in it. Think it was when she first joined. Peter and his oversized head. Uncle Lee. Yuong Eng. so on. so forth. there were some faces i didn't quite recognize anymore.

Anyway.
In light of all these, here's a photo from 2 weeks ago. The committee from 04/05 met up at Susie's house for a makan. peter and mr.lee and ribena couldn't make it, but we're meeting up again tomorrow anyway so maybe another pic.



Clockwise from top left. Li Yit (and Lydia. She's a plus-one. haha.) Michael, Me, Susie, and Huey. Right in front is my best and only dog-friend, Hans, who belongs to Susie's family.

We made this joke when planning the dinner.

That Susie would just tell us what she wants
and Michael would take note of and do her bidding
and Becky would publicize our dinner and make the calls
and Li Yit would ensure we all had transport to get there
and Hsien Huey would pay for everything (i like this part)
and Peter would lead us in song
and I in word

just like old days.

These are people that I would go to hell and back for if I needed to. And it hasn't changed much.
Though I don't really show it.
Cos u know.
I'm the cool one.

P/S the next generation has been doing very well. And I am sure by the time they are done, their CF storybook would be twice as thick as ours, with tales of God's faithfulness and wonders and blessings, as it should be. And the next next generation's would be four times as thick. And so on and so forth.

And Susie, I don't mean to always clarify that I'm the second oldest person in CF and point to you as the oldest. But it doesn't mean I intend to stop doing that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

OI. Haha. It doesn't matter as much who IS older but who ACTS older... :P

& yeah, our 2nd meet up dinner was great as well. What with all those familiar yet always amusing antics of all you guys... Michael & his love-hate relationship with Australia. Peter & his corporate image. Mr Lee & his uncle-ness. You & (in Mr Lee's words) your being constant in a world of change (eg: "They say...").

Mwahaha.

I do hope that we all somehow still stay in touch. There's something precious about having many years of shared experiences.

& yeah... let's see who gets that full time job first... All the best for the hunt!

5:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the guy with the light brown hide and pointy ears in front of the photo is (by far) the best looking out of the lot.

10:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home