The Highs and Lows and some Middles and Nowheres
So the Academy Award nominations are out, so let me say this. I'm proud to say that one very important film got a nomination for Best Visual Effects:

Alongside Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and Poseidon. Every year, I get 2 out of 3 right for this category. The one I missed was X-Men 3. But Poseidon? Even V for Vendetta had better visuals.
*

and Kate Winslet nails her 5th nomination at age 32. Lifetime achievement award in sight.
*
It's a sad year for the best original score ca, with no Hans Zimmer or John Williams to root for. Instead, we get Gustavo Santaolalalalolipop, Alexandre Desplat, Thomas Newman (save me), Javier Navarrette (who?) and Phillip Glass. I've not seen any of the 5 films in this category (yet) so I'll go with Phillip Glass for the win.
*
It's the year of the Mexicanos with Alejandro Gonzalez Innarritu's Babel, Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth, and Alfonso Cuaron's Children of Men racking up a total of 16 nominations.
*
How in the world did Jack Nicholson not get in for his psychotic ganglord role in The Departed? Mark Wahlberg did though, and that's a good touch.
*
So far, that's all I care about.
*
Recently watched:
Budak-budak Terbang (Flyboys) - Er. Some nice planes. The perfect computer game.
The Black Dahlia - Er. Save me.
Casshern - Er.
I must make a note that this particular episode "2162 votes" from The West Wing season 6 is perhaps one of the most entertaining half hour of television I've ever seen.
And Sizzling owes me Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and some episodes from Heroes.
Recently read:
Jarhead - It's actually a fun read. Read if you can tolerate a strong dose of er... vulgarity.
5 People You Meet in Heaven - The cheese. Pleasant. But the cheese. Milked straight from the cow.
Superman: For Tomorrow - Save me.
And a lot of random things.
*
Considering - A lot of things.

Alongside Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and Poseidon. Every year, I get 2 out of 3 right for this category. The one I missed was X-Men 3. But Poseidon? Even V for Vendetta had better visuals.
*

and Kate Winslet nails her 5th nomination at age 32. Lifetime achievement award in sight.
*
It's a sad year for the best original score ca, with no Hans Zimmer or John Williams to root for. Instead, we get Gustavo Santaolalalalolipop, Alexandre Desplat, Thomas Newman (save me), Javier Navarrette (who?) and Phillip Glass. I've not seen any of the 5 films in this category (yet) so I'll go with Phillip Glass for the win.
*
It's the year of the Mexicanos with Alejandro Gonzalez Innarritu's Babel, Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth, and Alfonso Cuaron's Children of Men racking up a total of 16 nominations.
*
How in the world did Jack Nicholson not get in for his psychotic ganglord role in The Departed? Mark Wahlberg did though, and that's a good touch.
*
So far, that's all I care about.
*
Recently watched:
Budak-budak Terbang (Flyboys) - Er. Some nice planes. The perfect computer game.
The Black Dahlia - Er. Save me.
Casshern - Er.
I must make a note that this particular episode "2162 votes" from The West Wing season 6 is perhaps one of the most entertaining half hour of television I've ever seen.
And Sizzling owes me Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and some episodes from Heroes.
Recently read:
Jarhead - It's actually a fun read. Read if you can tolerate a strong dose of er... vulgarity.
5 People You Meet in Heaven - The cheese. Pleasant. But the cheese. Milked straight from the cow.
Superman: For Tomorrow - Save me.
And a lot of random things.
*
Considering - A lot of things.



1 Comments:
thanks fer all d transformers links and pics!!! optimus lks so cool!!!!
watcha think of Heroes?
what's stardust abt...fantasy romance? haven't seen dat genra in ages...
Post a Comment
<< Home