Ventures and Plans
Since I have nothing cheeky to write about, and since there is no one in particular I want to insult, and since I am currently in a phase where I feel like I don't want to be perasan anymore (hopefully a short one, cos I love being perasan), and since I'm totally immersed in the writing of my thesis (which is still untitled to date. I have tried naming it many different things, from Digital Films and Cyborg Spirituality, The Cyborg's Religion, Digital Film and the Contemporary Cyborg, Digital Film, Post-Modernism, Spirituality, and most recently, Cyborg Spirituality as Represented in 21st Century Digital Films) and have little time for movies, which is sad, and a few bla bla things here and there. I'll just rant.
*
I'm trying to write a mini-series of stories. I've been trying for the past few months. I thought that my writing plague only affects my academic essays, but no, it affects my imaginary world as well.
Anyway, it's about a girl with a key that can open anything that it is meant to open. Something like that. The story revolves around her and three eternal entities, known as the '(have yet to decide. I initially named them the Earthshakers but decided that I can't help but associate it with the stupid Tauren/Earthshaker from Warcraft 3:DoTa)' who have a function of destroying things when the gods so pleases to. Or something like that.
I think to date I've written like 2 and a half parts. I have a rough framework, and it'll come up to be about 12-15 parts, maybe?
And yes, it's more readable than the 9 part The Fairy Tales thingy I wrote before.
*
Call me when you're sober.
*
I want to shoot a movie about shadows. A movie about love. The lead actress (and a supporting actor) gets to act by a seaside. The lead actor gets to act in a few different places. The shadow characters get to act in a made-up studio which I haven't decided how to construct yet.
It's very possibly a multi-part story again, like Lov. I find that I quite like telling many separate stories as compared to telling just one. It's like making 4 or 5 short films within a longer short film, which means I get to try different things.
It's going to be my favorite love story.
No time stopping line in it. Promise.
*
And no, for those are wondering, I'm not going to turn the story of Match and Stick from Lov into a film on its own. This if for 2 reasons.
1) I plagarized the idea right out of Tim Burton's book, The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories. You can call it a tribute to one of my favorite directors. And though I sometimes like plagarizing, (because I think plagaziring sometimes really is 'genuine inspiration', and helps one learn something. I learnt a lot making Captivation because I tried to make it like Tony Scott's Agent Orange. I learnt more about editing/cinematography in this picture more than any other I've done because I was trying to be Tony Scott), Match and Stick isn't genuine inspiration for me. It's just exploiting a good idea.
2) That little story is of a personal matter. There are two stories in Lov that literally is 'inspired by true events'. No wait, all the stories are inspired by true events. Just that there are two that I drew from my own experiences. The story of Match and Stick is one of them.
Ok make it three reasons,
3) I think shuyi won't agree to narrate anything again after the embarrassment she suffered voicing the narration (and willingly doing her hyena-like laughter) for Lov
*
I want to make a James Bond vs Mission Impossible short film. Not spoof. Genuine kick butt intel gathering movie. I'd call it "MI:007"
*
Yes this is a rant. A rather narcissistic one :)
*
Current Minesweeper Flags score:
GIRL TMY - 27
BOY TMY - 27
*
I think Nikolay Davydenko should have some sponsors. His win record is second only to Roger Federer. Give that guy a break.
*
They
say
when
you meet
the
love
of your life
time
stops
and that's true
*
I'm trying to write a mini-series of stories. I've been trying for the past few months. I thought that my writing plague only affects my academic essays, but no, it affects my imaginary world as well.
Anyway, it's about a girl with a key that can open anything that it is meant to open. Something like that. The story revolves around her and three eternal entities, known as the '(have yet to decide. I initially named them the Earthshakers but decided that I can't help but associate it with the stupid Tauren/Earthshaker from Warcraft 3:DoTa)' who have a function of destroying things when the gods so pleases to. Or something like that.
I think to date I've written like 2 and a half parts. I have a rough framework, and it'll come up to be about 12-15 parts, maybe?
And yes, it's more readable than the 9 part The Fairy Tales thingy I wrote before.
*
Call me when you're sober.
*
I want to shoot a movie about shadows. A movie about love. The lead actress (and a supporting actor) gets to act by a seaside. The lead actor gets to act in a few different places. The shadow characters get to act in a made-up studio which I haven't decided how to construct yet.
It's very possibly a multi-part story again, like Lov. I find that I quite like telling many separate stories as compared to telling just one. It's like making 4 or 5 short films within a longer short film, which means I get to try different things.
It's going to be my favorite love story.
No time stopping line in it. Promise.
*
And no, for those are wondering, I'm not going to turn the story of Match and Stick from Lov into a film on its own. This if for 2 reasons.
1) I plagarized the idea right out of Tim Burton's book, The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories. You can call it a tribute to one of my favorite directors. And though I sometimes like plagarizing, (because I think plagaziring sometimes really is 'genuine inspiration', and helps one learn something. I learnt a lot making Captivation because I tried to make it like Tony Scott's Agent Orange. I learnt more about editing/cinematography in this picture more than any other I've done because I was trying to be Tony Scott), Match and Stick isn't genuine inspiration for me. It's just exploiting a good idea.
2) That little story is of a personal matter. There are two stories in Lov that literally is 'inspired by true events'. No wait, all the stories are inspired by true events. Just that there are two that I drew from my own experiences. The story of Match and Stick is one of them.
Ok make it three reasons,
3) I think shuyi won't agree to narrate anything again after the embarrassment she suffered voicing the narration (and willingly doing her hyena-like laughter) for Lov
*
I want to make a James Bond vs Mission Impossible short film. Not spoof. Genuine kick butt intel gathering movie. I'd call it "MI:007"
*
Yes this is a rant. A rather narcissistic one :)
*
Current Minesweeper Flags score:
GIRL TMY - 27
BOY TMY - 27
*
I think Nikolay Davydenko should have some sponsors. His win record is second only to Roger Federer. Give that guy a break.
*
They
say
when
you meet
the
love
of your life
time
stops
and that's true



4 Comments:
if u need some spare bodies/camera man/help cheorograpgh fight scene...
you know something. i actually wouldn't mind narrating again. i actually had a lot of fun doing it.
just yeah, don't er plagarise my voice like you did.
and i genuinely do like laughing. thank you very much.
The time stop theory doesn't work. Proven already.
you are perasan
Post a Comment
<< Home