Must.
A book

Fragile Things, by Neil Gaiman. Enough said. I think this year I've not read much else (apart from research materials) apart from his stuff. After this book, I will venture into the realm of other lesser (or not) writers once again
A CD

The Open Door, by Evanescence. If you people have never heard Amy Lee's voice before, you ain't heard anything close to real music. I almost am going to say I've not heard a better singing voice in mainstream media.
A movie

Curse of the Golden Flower, by Zhang Yi Mou. There are actually a lot of movies I'm looking forward to at the end of the year, but I must say that Zhang Yi Mou tops my must-watch list almost everytime his movies are coming out. It stars Chow Yun Fatt and Gong Li. The first ever Zhang Yi Mou film I watched was The Road Home. It made me wonder why he never broke into America's foreign language industry. Then I watched Hero, and wondered why are Hollywood cameramen still making so much money. Then I watched House of Flying Daggers, and wonder if the Academy Awards really means awarding a movie for best cinematography or best American made cinematography. (You can replace the photograph related terms and replace it with art direction/set decoration related terms)
Some music videos
Check out U2 and Greenday's collaboration called "THE SAINTS ARE COMING"
Click here.
Check out Switchfoot's We are One Tonight's music video. Old song, but brilliant video.
Click here.

Fragile Things, by Neil Gaiman. Enough said. I think this year I've not read much else (apart from research materials) apart from his stuff. After this book, I will venture into the realm of other lesser (or not) writers once again
A CD

The Open Door, by Evanescence. If you people have never heard Amy Lee's voice before, you ain't heard anything close to real music. I almost am going to say I've not heard a better singing voice in mainstream media.
A movie

Curse of the Golden Flower, by Zhang Yi Mou. There are actually a lot of movies I'm looking forward to at the end of the year, but I must say that Zhang Yi Mou tops my must-watch list almost everytime his movies are coming out. It stars Chow Yun Fatt and Gong Li. The first ever Zhang Yi Mou film I watched was The Road Home. It made me wonder why he never broke into America's foreign language industry. Then I watched Hero, and wondered why are Hollywood cameramen still making so much money. Then I watched House of Flying Daggers, and wonder if the Academy Awards really means awarding a movie for best cinematography or best American made cinematography. (You can replace the photograph related terms and replace it with art direction/set decoration related terms)
Some music videos
Check out U2 and Greenday's collaboration called "THE SAINTS ARE COMING"
Click here.
Check out Switchfoot's We are One Tonight's music video. Old song, but brilliant video.
Click here.



1 Comments:
hey, thanks fer d link, much aprreciated. the vids rock!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home