Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mount Rex

I'm not sure when the North-South highway was built/completed in Malaysia. Maybe 15 or so years ago or something like that.

Thing is, since I was a small boy, I find the drive to my grandparents' place in Taiping quite a drag because highways are boring. It's just a straight road with cars and rubber trees and palm trees and lakes and hills and more cars and railings and skies and clouds and patrol cars and sign boards and street lights and ad boards and motorcycles and even more cars and electrical poles and telephone poles and trees and wild plants and toll gates and I think that's about it.

But there's this little hill, just about 10 minutes after the major resthouse in Tapah that always caught my imagination and attention. It caught my attention everytime I took a trip up North, be it during the day or night.



When I was a small boy, this little hill instantly struck me as a giant Tyrannosaurus Rex. Well, T-Rexes are not THAT big, but you know how mind's work. They just make things up. So I always imagined that this hill is a sleeping/dead T-Rex, lying along the highway.

Until today, I still give the hill a good look every time I pass it. I mean, hey, I even took a picture of it this time.

My T-Rex Hill.

3 Comments:

Blogger joanne liyeng said...

I used to imagine dinosaurs and monsters living in these hills. There was one particular one which had a hole in it, and as a little girl I was terrified, and bugged my dad day and night about it. He told me it was a cave where harmless bats live, and nothing else.

up till today, i still don't believe him when he said 'harmless' and 'nothing else'.

7:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you weren't paying attention on the road when driving? Naughty!

12:43 pm  
Blogger Wendy ML Tan said...

Anonymous Shopaholic says :
well... that's why I had the 'chance' to drive that part of the highway.. so he could enjoy his T-rex hill.

2:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home