Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Fight to Regain Recognition?

I was reading TIME magazine the other day. It had an interesting article, entitled "Sidelining the CIA". You can get a preview read here on TIME's website. Basically its about how the director of CIA is no longer "automatically welcome at national security council meetings", and that Porter Goss, the director of the CIA, will only attend NSC meetings at the direction of the President.

Basically that means the CIA is losing its influence over the white house. Whether that's a good thing or not is not really for me to say. Anyway, that article is dated in the June 13 issue of TIME. And I find it interesting today as I was reading the news, one of the headlines was:

Goss Claims He Has Idea Where Bin Laden Is

Basically, he didn't say where, gave some excuse here and there on why he can't say where and take action immediately, and bla bla bla.

Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. But somehow, I have a gut feeling that it's a stunt he's pulling to get some attention and spotlight back on the CIA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home