Half Time
I opened my wallet last night and my Sunway-Monash Christian Fellowship calendar for the year 2005 fell out. I haven't had a good look at it for some time now. It says, "ALL THINGS NEW" (that's our theme for this year), and there is a Bible verse there as well, saying that "Behold I shall do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth. Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert..." Isaiah 43:19
I can't find the picture on my pc anymore. I must have deleted it after I finished printing the bookmarks> it's kinda silly really, cos usually I don't delete stuff I do.
But anyway, that verse made me look back a little bit. Well more the theme than the verse. Or both.
Has the last 6 months been a new experience for me? Of course it is. Nothing stays the same. Every second that passes, we grow older, so of course everything changes. Hmm.
This is a tough post. I rarely blog about things like that.
You know the little calendar showed a picture of a desert, and a little plant that sprouted right out of the desert. I did it that way because I kinda figured that it's tougher for plants to survive in the desert, but along with the theme that says "ALL THINGS NEW", I was playing with the thought that well, God is needed to help this little plant grow. It was almost asking for a miraculous thing to happen in our lives in general.
Oh, and I put a little shadow of the cross there as well.
People always say that we should reflect Christ. Sometimes I don't really think so. A reflection is a representation of something that is external, that is not intrinsically us. The mirror can reflect my face, but it will never carry my face wherever it goes, nor will it ever contain my face within its... errr... reflective capabilities.
And I've always liked shadows. I know it carries a lot of negative connotations, about how darkness comes about because of shadows and all that kind of crap. Not that I disagree, but I see other things about shadows as well.
Yes, the shadow is an external element as well, but it is a representation of something that is real, that is always there, that is forever part and parcel of how that person is. My shadow, in all its angles, will always represent me, and will follow me wherever I go.
The day I do not see my shadow, is the day there is no light for my shadow to show. So sometimes I like to say that we should carry a shadow of Christ... Let's face it, not all us interact with everyone else, and not everyone has the privilege of seeing and knowing your beautiful personality and character. In such a case, let your shadow lead the way...
Anyway...
Since the farewell is coming up. I decided to not be lazy and do up a new banner for the end of a good six months so far for the CF, and a well deserved break for everyone.
It shows two growing tree in the desert, both with the shadow of a cross. What does it mean? That there is multiplication? Maybe...

To the next six months.
Maybe by then, I'll scrap the desert and put a pic of a really dense forest.
I can't find the picture on my pc anymore. I must have deleted it after I finished printing the bookmarks> it's kinda silly really, cos usually I don't delete stuff I do.
But anyway, that verse made me look back a little bit. Well more the theme than the verse. Or both.
Has the last 6 months been a new experience for me? Of course it is. Nothing stays the same. Every second that passes, we grow older, so of course everything changes. Hmm.
This is a tough post. I rarely blog about things like that.
You know the little calendar showed a picture of a desert, and a little plant that sprouted right out of the desert. I did it that way because I kinda figured that it's tougher for plants to survive in the desert, but along with the theme that says "ALL THINGS NEW", I was playing with the thought that well, God is needed to help this little plant grow. It was almost asking for a miraculous thing to happen in our lives in general.
Oh, and I put a little shadow of the cross there as well.
People always say that we should reflect Christ. Sometimes I don't really think so. A reflection is a representation of something that is external, that is not intrinsically us. The mirror can reflect my face, but it will never carry my face wherever it goes, nor will it ever contain my face within its... errr... reflective capabilities.
And I've always liked shadows. I know it carries a lot of negative connotations, about how darkness comes about because of shadows and all that kind of crap. Not that I disagree, but I see other things about shadows as well.
Yes, the shadow is an external element as well, but it is a representation of something that is real, that is always there, that is forever part and parcel of how that person is. My shadow, in all its angles, will always represent me, and will follow me wherever I go.
The day I do not see my shadow, is the day there is no light for my shadow to show. So sometimes I like to say that we should carry a shadow of Christ... Let's face it, not all us interact with everyone else, and not everyone has the privilege of seeing and knowing your beautiful personality and character. In such a case, let your shadow lead the way...
Anyway...
Since the farewell is coming up. I decided to not be lazy and do up a new banner for the end of a good six months so far for the CF, and a well deserved break for everyone.
It shows two growing tree in the desert, both with the shadow of a cross. What does it mean? That there is multiplication? Maybe...

To the next six months.
Maybe by then, I'll scrap the desert and put a pic of a really dense forest.



2 Comments:
This comment relates to posts past, present & perhaps future. It's obscure enough, so perhaps you won't even notice it.
But if you do, then good. For this is what i have to say:
1. I like your thoughts in this post. Wish you'd be positive more often in this blog. Cos there's lots more where this came from.
2. Read your recent posts (24 onwards till 26 i think...). If you need anything, just ask.
3. God knows what He's doing so whatever it is you're having trouble with, don't question too much. Just trust. That's what faith is.
how can it be obscure? i get email alerts when comments are posted.
Post a Comment
<< Home