Thursday, August 30, 2007

I am Reading

5 books.

The Audacity of Hope - Barack Obama
It's a good read so far, though I disagree with half of his beliefs and principles. This is just me taking an interest in American politics. And trying to make it a habit to read something I don't like. In this case it's auto-biographies and liberal democrats.

Vengeance - George Jonas
The book that inspired Munich. It's... good, but again. Making a habit of reading something I don't usually read. Spy books and military material. But the language is strong and the story has been riveting so far.

Next - Michael Crichton
On a regular day, his books fall under the category of things I like to read because of its plausibility and thrillingness in today's world. But as interesting as the premises are in Next, so far none of the characters have excited me. Genetics can be really gross though, that much I can say.

Models for Writers - Short Essays for Composition - Alfred Rosa/Paul Eschholz (eds)
Don't ask. It's for work. Just found myself flipping through the pages even when I didn't need to.

Speeches that Changed the World
Random buy when I was out book shopping with Sarah last night. Read about a third of it already. I liked it that the first great speech in the book is Moses' Ten Commandments. Actually I bought this book to see the different styles of writing a speech... because maybe... you know... Idiot something one day I might need to really buff Fikri up in his great oratary scenes... "My fellow Faltasians... now is our finest hour!!!"

Instant Expert: The Malaysian Media - Sonia Randhawa
Finally got round to reading through my former lecturer's little handbook on Malaysian media law. It's very tongue and cheek, and great fun.

*

Yes I am reading all of the above at the same time. Ask me again in a few months what have I finished.

In the meantime. Wait for Stardust, due in cinemas in November. Adapted from a Neil Gaiman book.

And Beowulf, in December. A Robert Zemeckis film, starring many many famous people. Written by Neil Gaiman.

Also, be ready for "Sehinnga KLku Menyanyi". Don't know who did it, but it'll be shown on 9th Sept at Central Market Annexe. Fikri edited the thing, which is why I'm announcing it here. So watch it cos he edited it.

And there's word Idiot Nation might be screened sometime soon, though I'm not sure on what date. When I know you'll know. Seems like President Zulfadhli hasn't finished with his agenda.

*

And that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home