On Your Mark
I was browsing through some old files in my computer and I found this old video called "On Your Mark" that I used to watch over and over. It was introduced to me by my brother many years ago... 1996 or 1997 maybe. Not sure. At a time when I didn't appreciate Miyazaki.
I think at that time the only Miyazaki cartoon I've seen was My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service, which during teenage years, I denounced as childish. Of course today I've repented of that sin and adore those kiddie shows alongside Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke.
Maybe two years ago I downloaded the mtv for a Chage and Aska song called "On Your Mark". The entire song is one short story drawn by Miyazaki, which I absolutely adore and appreciate because it's... well it's not really a love story, but it's a sweet little story.
But hey, it's one of those short films that gave me ideas about how to tell stories in less than 10 minutes. Sweet stories. Check it out here.
I think at that time the only Miyazaki cartoon I've seen was My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service, which during teenage years, I denounced as childish. Of course today I've repented of that sin and adore those kiddie shows alongside Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke.
Maybe two years ago I downloaded the mtv for a Chage and Aska song called "On Your Mark". The entire song is one short story drawn by Miyazaki, which I absolutely adore and appreciate because it's... well it's not really a love story, but it's a sweet little story.
But hey, it's one of those short films that gave me ideas about how to tell stories in less than 10 minutes. Sweet stories. Check it out here.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home