Remote Control
i have a lot a lot of photos to show, but unfortunately the last two times i've been spending time photographing, i've been using vincent lgs' camera, so i have to wait for him to burn the stuff for me. I have this Avril Lavinge/Rockstar/Shake da Planet pic of Susie, yelling her song and slamming the guitar till there were cracks on the floor.
Narrowly avoided being sick over the weekend. Sometimes I wonder, is it easier to ensure one full day of being struck with fly, or trying to avoid being sick (meaning to say, being constantly on the edge of falling sick) for 3 or 4 days. I do wonder. It makes doing everything painful. Plus my back has been acting up lately.
Today I went to watch Battle of Wits with Meng Hong and Sizzledrizzle, then as we were heading off to lunch we saw lynetteannadanielchienaun and thought, is the entire cf coming to town or something. Haha.
I finally got my maxis hotlink line registered. It took me about 2 minutes. When the woman was swiping my mykad and geting my info i felt like i was selling my life away to some mobile telecommunications company.
I am getting there with my stupid thesis. There but not quite there. I have about 2 and a half weeks to finis it. After that it's camp/bday/christmas party/christmas dinner/christmas/makenewfilm/finiswritingsomeunfinishedstuff/newyear then get a job.
I've been on a massive they-say-when-you-meet-the-love-of-your-life-time-stops campaign. It's like election year you know. Lol. So, if this is your first time on this blog, they say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true.
To susie, who is hopefully healthier now, let me say this again. Love should never be a secret. If you store something as complicated up inside, you'd go sick.
Uncle piao, if you're reading this. Say hi to auntie ju.
Current score for the TMYs minesweeper flags sushi challenge. Boy TMY - losing. Girl TMY - winning by margin so small it'll be overtaken in a day.
Movie ratings
Casino Royale 007 - B- (Pre-movie release Craig critics please zip your mouth/pull your teeth out cos I think it's quite... clear... that your moviegoing experience is not as rich as Daniel Craig's acting experience. Wrong predictions is one thing. Baseless predictions is another. By this I mean you guys have not watched Road to Perdition, Layer Cake and/or Munich before saying "this dude can't be bond la". Turns out he's alright. And he doesn't give a damn whether his Martini is shaken or stirred.)
Battle of Wits - C (watch out for the army. Nicely done.)
The Departed - A (Jack Nicholson is a must watch madman)
*
Girl TMY just beat me again.
*
I watched The Island again, and realized that Steve Jablonski's musical work on the film is fantastic. The thing about these Remote Control Studios musicians (formerly Media Ventures) is that these young composers sometimes come up with something good, then score 5 bad films, then sometimes they make it sometimes they don't.
Generally people complain that Hans Zimmer has too much control over the musical talents in his company. But I think he's the only big name composer in the industry who is actually actively making a platform available for new talents just by sharing the credit with them. Many say it's ghostwriting/zimmer being lazy. I think if I were a young composer, I'd love to share a credit with him.
And there are those who have made it to the top, and some arguably matching Zimmer in terms of talent. Harry Gregson Williams is my favorite. Then you've got James Newton Howard. And John Powell and Klaus Badelt.
Originally this was gonna be a LONG LONG post about Remote Control studios but decided to shrink it.
*
Narrowly avoided being sick over the weekend. Sometimes I wonder, is it easier to ensure one full day of being struck with fly, or trying to avoid being sick (meaning to say, being constantly on the edge of falling sick) for 3 or 4 days. I do wonder. It makes doing everything painful. Plus my back has been acting up lately.
Today I went to watch Battle of Wits with Meng Hong and Sizzledrizzle, then as we were heading off to lunch we saw lynetteannadanielchienaun and thought, is the entire cf coming to town or something. Haha.
I finally got my maxis hotlink line registered. It took me about 2 minutes. When the woman was swiping my mykad and geting my info i felt like i was selling my life away to some mobile telecommunications company.
I am getting there with my stupid thesis. There but not quite there. I have about 2 and a half weeks to finis it. After that it's camp/bday/christmas party/christmas dinner/christmas/makenewfilm/finiswritingsomeunfinishedstuff/newyear then get a job.
I've been on a massive they-say-when-you-meet-the-love-of-your-life-time-stops campaign. It's like election year you know. Lol. So, if this is your first time on this blog, they say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true.
To susie, who is hopefully healthier now, let me say this again. Love should never be a secret. If you store something as complicated up inside, you'd go sick.
Uncle piao, if you're reading this. Say hi to auntie ju.
Current score for the TMYs minesweeper flags sushi challenge. Boy TMY - losing. Girl TMY - winning by margin so small it'll be overtaken in a day.
Movie ratings
Casino Royale 007 - B- (Pre-movie release Craig critics please zip your mouth/pull your teeth out cos I think it's quite... clear... that your moviegoing experience is not as rich as Daniel Craig's acting experience. Wrong predictions is one thing. Baseless predictions is another. By this I mean you guys have not watched Road to Perdition, Layer Cake and/or Munich before saying "this dude can't be bond la". Turns out he's alright. And he doesn't give a damn whether his Martini is shaken or stirred.)
Battle of Wits - C (watch out for the army. Nicely done.)
The Departed - A (Jack Nicholson is a must watch madman)
*
Girl TMY just beat me again.
*
I watched The Island again, and realized that Steve Jablonski's musical work on the film is fantastic. The thing about these Remote Control Studios musicians (formerly Media Ventures) is that these young composers sometimes come up with something good, then score 5 bad films, then sometimes they make it sometimes they don't.
Generally people complain that Hans Zimmer has too much control over the musical talents in his company. But I think he's the only big name composer in the industry who is actually actively making a platform available for new talents just by sharing the credit with them. Many say it's ghostwriting/zimmer being lazy. I think if I were a young composer, I'd love to share a credit with him.
And there are those who have made it to the top, and some arguably matching Zimmer in terms of talent. Harry Gregson Williams is my favorite. Then you've got James Newton Howard. And John Powell and Klaus Badelt.
Originally this was gonna be a LONG LONG post about Remote Control studios but decided to shrink it.
*



1 Comments:
Yes, I am better Meng Yoe. Thanks.
Love is not complicated. & when it's undeniably truly love, it will not be a secret. It cannot be. That's my point of view lah anyways.
Just for the record, it was an honour to serve in CF with you. Can't believe how time has flown by so fast! Fellow CF ancient. Mwahaha.
Post a Comment
<< Home