The Shadowcat Rant
Okay, X-Men 3 has reminded me of my first love, of sorts... in the comic world anyway.
I remember when I was very young. The very first issue of X-Men that I read (I think, possibly) involved Kitty Pryde a.k.a. Shadowcat (a mutant who can phase through physical matter) and the other X-Men in some desert part of the planet fighting some baddie. (Forgive my memory,it's really vague. I only remember Kitty) Now I think, in some imaginary scenario the X-Men were put in, all of the X-Men imagined themselves dying off, one by one.
I remember Kitty Pryde in some cave, starving to death. From that sweet, beautiful, character, she turned thin and wrinkly, and eventually to rotted flesh, then to dust.
I dreamt of Kitty Pryde that night. I dreamt I was right there with her. I dreamt I disappeared with her.

Many many many many years later, my brother bought an X-Men storylinecalled... actually I can't remember what's it called. But it's all about shadowcat travelling back in time and all that. Sorta like a love story. The story wasn't great, but seeing Shadowcat rocked.
Now, she's not hot stuff. I think if you know me well enough, you'll know that it's always the homey pretty sweet girl that gets my attention the most. Now she's that. When hot chicks kiss on screen or in comics, you get excited for 5 seconds. When Kitty Pryde falls in love, kisses, embraces, or grieves, my heart would go with her, through the many galaxies that separate Earth and Marvel universe.
Now mind you, it's not idolatry. It's just a tribute to an unlikely X-Men that I remembered since my childhood days. X-Men 3 the movie reminded me so much of why I liked her. When characters make an impression during your childhood days, they make an impression for life.
Kitty Pryde - Kitty Pryde - Kitty Pryde
I remember when I was very young. The very first issue of X-Men that I read (I think, possibly) involved Kitty Pryde a.k.a. Shadowcat (a mutant who can phase through physical matter) and the other X-Men in some desert part of the planet fighting some baddie. (Forgive my memory,it's really vague. I only remember Kitty) Now I think, in some imaginary scenario the X-Men were put in, all of the X-Men imagined themselves dying off, one by one.
I remember Kitty Pryde in some cave, starving to death. From that sweet, beautiful, character, she turned thin and wrinkly, and eventually to rotted flesh, then to dust.
I dreamt of Kitty Pryde that night. I dreamt I was right there with her. I dreamt I disappeared with her.

Many many many many years later, my brother bought an X-Men storylinecalled... actually I can't remember what's it called. But it's all about shadowcat travelling back in time and all that. Sorta like a love story. The story wasn't great, but seeing Shadowcat rocked.
Now, she's not hot stuff. I think if you know me well enough, you'll know that it's always the homey pretty sweet girl that gets my attention the most. Now she's that. When hot chicks kiss on screen or in comics, you get excited for 5 seconds. When Kitty Pryde falls in love, kisses, embraces, or grieves, my heart would go with her, through the many galaxies that separate Earth and Marvel universe.
Now mind you, it's not idolatry. It's just a tribute to an unlikely X-Men that I remembered since my childhood days. X-Men 3 the movie reminded me so much of why I liked her. When characters make an impression during your childhood days, they make an impression for life.
Kitty Pryde - Kitty Pryde - Kitty Pryde



4 Comments:
Yeah!! Go Shadowcat!!
My super powers would be the Jedi Powers of Persuasion, being able to persuade anyone to do things they normally won't. And of course, I'll carry a suitcase wherever I go, wear a Dick Tracy kinda detective coat and call myself
The Salesman
"These are not the droids you're looking for" - Obi-wan Kenobi in his flowing brown robe-y
wheee shadowcat woohoohoohoo!!
meow.
Go figure. They call it "X Men" & then all these women characters steal the show.
Mwahaha.
Post a Comment
<< Home