Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My missing heart and a farewell note

I just watched this cartoon



Howl's Moving Castle

As I watched the show, I thought of more and more things to write in my review. So, here goes.



The cartoon stole my heart, through and through.

Without a doubt, the best cartoon I've ever watched in my entire life.






Dear Princess Mononoke a.k.a. San,

Your show has a better score, and in some ways, the most unique design, but Sophie's show, Howl's Moving Castle beats your movie by a whisker thanks to one reason: It's the most amazing love story ever told in film, and you know how I'm a sucker for love stories.

Not that your love story with Ashitaka wasn't great. It was subtle and powerful, and it enraptures my all every time I witness the romance between you and him unfold.

My love for you will be eternal, my beautiful San. Sweet dreams.

With lots of love,
Me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you managed to find the japanase version of it? the one my brother has is in english

btw, if you also like anime series, there's this shop in hartamas mall that sells them. one whole stack for quite cheap. i havent been there. a friend told me about it

10:04 am  
Blogger Superratty@TMY said...

i borrowed mine off a friend, and yeah it's in japanese.

i generally try to watch movies in their original language, even cartoons. there's more magic that way.

1:19 pm  
Blogger lee wei said...

I agree with the magic bit in watching movies (or cartoons) in their original language.

2:35 am  
Blogger Net said...

I thought listening to Howl's Moving Castle in Jap was thoroughly not nice or enjoyable...
I prefer it in English, for this particular one only, if you're talking about Jap Anime situated in Japan then yes, in Jap would be nice. But HMC is located and written by an English Lady Dianna Wynne Jones, by the way, the book is really very good. Should read it...and it's cheap to buy too as it's a kiddies book.

Was looking forward to this, to see whether Ghibli Studios did a fair shot on it according to the book. Not what I imagined out, but it's pretty ok...

12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home