NBA Season so far.
Here is the comparative review of what I predicted after the pre-season games and the actual current standings after an average of 15 games played.
Eastern Conference
Real Ranking / My pre-season prediction
1. Indiana Pacers / Indiana Pacers
2. Miami Heat / Detroit Pistons
3. New York Knicks / Miami Heat
4. Cleveland Cavaliers / Toronto Raptors
5. Orlando Magic / New York Knicks
6. Washington Wizards / Philadephia 76ers
7. Detroit Pistons / New Jersey Nets
8. Philadelphia 76ers / Cleveland Cavaliers
Western Conference
Real Ranking/ My pre-season prediction
1. Phoenix Suns (tied for 1st) / Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Seattle Supersonics (tied for 1st, but rated 2nd on games lost) /Phoenix Suns
3. San Antonio Spurs / Sacramento Kings
4. Sacramento Kings / San Antonio Spurs
5. Dallas Mavericks / Denver Nuggets
6. Minnesota Timberwolves / Memphis Grizzlies
7. Los Angeles Lakers / Dallas Mavericks
8. Los Angeles Clippers / Los Angeles Lakers
Big Surprises
1. Seattle Supersonics - My goodness. 13 - 3 when I expected them to be 3 - 13. Fantastic.
2. LA Clippers - They're actually in the top 8 when I expected them to be as bad as Seattle
3. Indiana Pacers - I know I got my prediction right. But they did it with their 3 best players suspended. My goodness. Potential NBA champions here... their bench can win games.
4. Washington Wizards - So there IS life after Michael Jordan and Jerry Stackhouse? Antawn Jamison is single handedly pumping this team upwards.
5. Orlando Magic - Oh well. About time. Screw McGrady.
What happened to my predicted teams that is missing out on the top 8?
1. Toronto Raptors - They're doing okay. They're 9th and is having a good run. They'll be back.
2. New Jersey Nets - Oh my goodness. With JKidd not coming back anytime soon they're rubbish. Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. If JKidd comes back late december their season is over. They're 13th out of 15th in the conference and is 3 - 11.
3. Memphis - These guys are in trouble. Not that they're bad... Well, they are. 13th out of 15th in the tough Western conference. Plus Hubie Brown retired as coach. Paul Gasol better step it out of Memphis' stellar run last season will officially be considered a fluke by me.
4. Denver - I got nothing to say about these jokers. Cocky donkeys. Good thing they're down.
In the top 8 but under-performing.
1. Detroit
2. Minnesota
3. Philadelphia
Thats the season so far.
Just so you know, I'm rooting for the Suns. While inititially I thought to myself that they'll probably make it to the conference semis at best, I'm starting to be daring enough to shout
SUNS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
Eastern Conference
Real Ranking / My pre-season prediction
1. Indiana Pacers / Indiana Pacers
2. Miami Heat / Detroit Pistons
3. New York Knicks / Miami Heat
4. Cleveland Cavaliers / Toronto Raptors
5. Orlando Magic / New York Knicks
6. Washington Wizards / Philadephia 76ers
7. Detroit Pistons / New Jersey Nets
8. Philadelphia 76ers / Cleveland Cavaliers
Western Conference
Real Ranking/ My pre-season prediction
1. Phoenix Suns (tied for 1st) / Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Seattle Supersonics (tied for 1st, but rated 2nd on games lost) /Phoenix Suns
3. San Antonio Spurs / Sacramento Kings
4. Sacramento Kings / San Antonio Spurs
5. Dallas Mavericks / Denver Nuggets
6. Minnesota Timberwolves / Memphis Grizzlies
7. Los Angeles Lakers / Dallas Mavericks
8. Los Angeles Clippers / Los Angeles Lakers
Big Surprises
1. Seattle Supersonics - My goodness. 13 - 3 when I expected them to be 3 - 13. Fantastic.
2. LA Clippers - They're actually in the top 8 when I expected them to be as bad as Seattle
3. Indiana Pacers - I know I got my prediction right. But they did it with their 3 best players suspended. My goodness. Potential NBA champions here... their bench can win games.
4. Washington Wizards - So there IS life after Michael Jordan and Jerry Stackhouse? Antawn Jamison is single handedly pumping this team upwards.
5. Orlando Magic - Oh well. About time. Screw McGrady.
What happened to my predicted teams that is missing out on the top 8?
1. Toronto Raptors - They're doing okay. They're 9th and is having a good run. They'll be back.
2. New Jersey Nets - Oh my goodness. With JKidd not coming back anytime soon they're rubbish. Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. If JKidd comes back late december their season is over. They're 13th out of 15th in the conference and is 3 - 11.
3. Memphis - These guys are in trouble. Not that they're bad... Well, they are. 13th out of 15th in the tough Western conference. Plus Hubie Brown retired as coach. Paul Gasol better step it out of Memphis' stellar run last season will officially be considered a fluke by me.
4. Denver - I got nothing to say about these jokers. Cocky donkeys. Good thing they're down.
In the top 8 but under-performing.
1. Detroit
2. Minnesota
3. Philadelphia
Thats the season so far.
Just so you know, I'm rooting for the Suns. While inititially I thought to myself that they'll probably make it to the conference semis at best, I'm starting to be daring enough to shout
SUNS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home