Wednesday, September 22, 2004

X-Men 3 : Who should do it?

There's this nasty rumor that ever since Bryan Singer has left the job.... Joss Whedon is gonna take over the job. Now... I don't like him.
I'll run thru these 8 names for you... I don't neccesarily like them... But I've listed them for good reason, in my opinion at least.



Bryan Singer - He left. He made X-Men and X2. Both were good shows. But he left.

Joss Whedon - He's the director/writer of Buffy and Angel... Now what the *********? I heard he wrote some comics, but SO WHAT? Anyone associated with Buffy and Angel can't be used in the X-Men franchise. I don't even understand why his name got brought up!?

Guillermo Del Toro - He did Blade and Hellboy. Now... If you want X-Men 3 to be action packed. he can do it. Hellboy had some reasonable quality in terms of acting. But his style varies from Singer quite a bit... so... But if he were to do it I wouldn't mind too much.

Steven Soderbergh - Ok, so Solaris was a flop. But at least he's a good character flesher, something which X-Men has. X-Men is unlike most action flicks cos it's got character in the story and character in the character. Soderbergh might be able to pull of the strained relationship between Phoenix and Cyclops. But I wouldn't go for him. He wouldn't want to do this anyway. So the feeling's mutual.

Sam Raimi - He should stick to Spiderman.

Kerry Conrad - Now this is the guy I'm looking out for. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow apparently is a good good film. And it was his FIRST ever film. The film's got good visuals, good style and apparently a good story... Now... he might be it for me.

Richard Donner - Now if he took the X-Men job it'll be ironic, cos he directed the first two Supermans. His wife, Lauren Shuler Donner, is already one of the producers of the X-Men franchise... plus he's a high profile director... namely Lethal Weapon and Superman... Oh well.

Antoine Fuqua - He's the MAN! Ok, Tears of the Sun sucked and King Arthur was OK at best. BUt training day was so fantastic!!! Fuqua has a problem... He always makes films with good characters and all... but the story always lacks. So anyway... If he can take it to another level with X-Men 3, we might be in for a pleasant surprise.

That's my 2 cents worth on the issue.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home