Monday, September 17, 2007

Screening Dates/In Production/Any Other Business

Idiot Nation will follow the FreedomFilmFest schedule for the remaining two stops in Penang Sept 21 - 23, then to Johor on Sept 28 - 30. Check out the website here for full details of screening times and synopsies of various films shown at the festival.

Many apologies to the organizers for being unable to attend the screenings. And thanks to producer Fikri who ran around town making sure the film got screened. Literally Kobe-bryanted the submission (if u don't get the expression, don't worry about it. It's just an analogy where Kobe takes over the game at the last quarter of the match and scores like 30 points to put the Lakers on top.)

*

In production - The Idiot News of Faltasia. The big-four are confirmed. The underrated and undermentioned voiceover for the films, Anna, is also returning. The script is done. Issues being discussed includes vegeterianism and er... Zul's sex scandal. Just trying to get hold of some equipment, trying to determine some technologies (Fikri and me are considering some green screen thingy which I've not done before. Saw some of his test videos and it looks pretty good, except for the 2 or 3 seconds where I thought I was watching the incredible Hulk :D)

*

May Yee is persuading me to join this food competition with her. It's some 30-60 second video thingy which well... Ok I honestly don't know the details but she wants to do something about chicken wings. I think we should do something about sushi but you know, May Yee can be quite manly when she wants to do something and kicks me around.

*

I'm most likely getting a small little Christmas skit going for my church's annual dinner event sometime in December. The script has been approved, and I just need time to rewrite some (or most) of the lines, find 5 or 6 willing souls who are willing to be yelled at by me, and another 5 or 6 people to build things for me and also be willing to be yelled at by me.

My human resource assistant is Ryan Teoh, a young man who has had experience in the recent Easter play. He was on the balcony doing the lights, and he never got it right until the day itself. He has been subject of my screaming from all the way down at the stage. He would tell you that he'd daydream during practices, until he sees me waving my hands like a lunatic, then he'd remember to do the lights. So. Yes. He'd explain the rigors of my lunacy when doing a stage performance.

And mind you, I'm a lunatic with stage plays because I'm not familiar with it, and am not used to rounds of practices for a performance that will be over in one take. It's wayy too risky and heartstopping. I can't call 'cut', or 'take 10547' during a performance. Still a noob at this you know.

*

I am still waiting for Paul to pass me a copy of the 365 Student Ministry promo that we worked on for the past couple of months. It's the staple promo video for our youth group for the next two years. It features a hot chick, who is not blond, who also came up with the concept. Which I happily expanded on and made it doable (it was initially a lot more epic and budget consuming. But I have an unspoken principle that I will not shoot anything for more than fifty bucks until I am rich) and shot the stuff then Paul took it and sliced and diced my tapes like he always does.

*

I am DYING to make a romance but am just too busy to do anything.

*

And Sarah's attempt to get me to buy a striped shirt was foiled once again. I think she will be attempting to make me wear moon shaped glasses one day but that's another battle for another day.

*

Oh me and Fikri conducted a day long video workshop on Saturday, teaching three students some of the basic filming stuff. We shot something on the day itself, which I must say was really fun. I think it'll be an incredibly slapstickyishly funny short film. But we didn't manage to cut it because.... the new computers in the Monash Media lab... disappointed us tremendously.

*

I have class later. I am teaching a subject called "mass-communication". I've been gritting my teeth for the past two weeks teaching some introductory stuff and as closely to the syllabus as possible. Today's the day I give up trying to teach 'mass communication' and tell them that there's no such thing as the 'mass' so get a life and stop having this beautiful impression that the world is one big crowd of eager audiences.

*

This is an incredibly long post! Wow I haven't typed so much in one go before.

*

Look I really need to finish my notes for later. But I suspect that I'll be resorting to my favorite technique: Rambling.

*

Juventus lost. I am shocked and pained at such a horrible piece of news. It's disaster.

*

Fikri just smsed me about a transforming dream. Interesting.

*

And the other day when Scotland beat the living crap out of France for the Euro 08' qualifiers I rejoiced greatly. Then I heard that Italy pounded Ukraine that same night, which led me to punch my fist up in the air while driving (I was listening to the news). The result meant Italy bumped France to 2nd place in the group standings behind Scotland. I messaged my brother (who is a loyal French supporter, though for what reason I do not know) and taunted him and he replied "Oh shut up".

I mean, come on, how can the likes of Henry and Trezeguet be more lovable than Del Piero Gatusso Pirlo Cannavaro (THE GREAT WALL OF ITALY) Buffon Camoranesi Inzaghi (THE MAN!) Toni Materrazzi (THE CONQUEROR OF ZIDANE a frenchman) so on and so forth.

*

They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true.

* * * * *

Superman Returns.

*

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah/Suan Mei said...

It's rectangular shaped glasses, not moon shape. And that is a battle I WILL win :p heh.

2:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. stripped shirt.. good Christmas gift idea.. then I wouldn't have to think so much .. just have to make sure the size is right! - anonymous shopaholic

11:24 pm  
Blogger lola.xx said...

chicken wings is more malaysian than sushi will ever be. YOU MUST LISTEN TO ME.

1:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home