Friendly Face(s)
So today I found out Huey (an old friend/fellow committee fellow from CF days) works near me. About a minute away by foot. Quite honestly, I was incredibly happy to have a friend nearby. The thought of the occasional 'hi' and 'bye' and 'yamcha' brought a smile to my face this morning. (I don't smile alot in the morning because I'm really not a morning person)
It's not that I'm unhappy at work. I'm actually fine. The people here are decent. And I do smile at/with them, and those are sincere smiles. But the thought of having an old friend nearby, the smile, is one that has some scars of former battles, and past endeavours. A member of the small group of people that I once made a comment that "if there's a group of people I'm willing to go to hell and back with, it's them."
Yea Sue, come here too. And yes, you too Peter. And when you get back, Michael.
All come here. Make me smile.
And I hope I make you smile too.
I actually miss those days.
Especially breakfast at Susanna's. That's one of my top ten memories of all time.
And it's really REALLY because of the food.
It's not that I'm unhappy at work. I'm actually fine. The people here are decent. And I do smile at/with them, and those are sincere smiles. But the thought of having an old friend nearby, the smile, is one that has some scars of former battles, and past endeavours. A member of the small group of people that I once made a comment that "if there's a group of people I'm willing to go to hell and back with, it's them."
Yea Sue, come here too. And yes, you too Peter. And when you get back, Michael.
All come here. Make me smile.
And I hope I make you smile too.
I actually miss those days.
Especially breakfast at Susanna's. That's one of my top ten memories of all time.
And it's really REALLY because of the food.



1 Comments:
Which breakfast you referring to? The one before committee retreat or something like that ah?
I miss loads of things too. I think working does that to you. & seeing familiar faces... is such a rare thing. I totally get what you're saying here.
But NO. You should come HERE. Not me go THERE. Hehe. If you do come here, I'll err... buy you... coffee... Maybe.
Post a Comment
<< Home