All These SOM People (Men and boys in particular)
So last night we had a Tung Ling class reunion dinner at Keh Ching's home. (that's our monitor)
It was at this lovely place at Sierramas in Sungai Buloh.
It was at this lovely place at Sierramas in Sungai Buloh.
I had to get there on time cos I was supposed to help cook. So I drove Paul and Carrine there with me since the two of those kids needed transport and they were near me. So we three happy people arrived at Keh Ching's house the earliest, wow-ing at all the houses along the way.
After we said our hellos to Keh Ching's family, the cooking was supposed to start, but I asked, "Is there someplace we can walk to around here?" and so Keh Ching pointed us to the trail behind her house which leads to a nice little (ok quite big) park of sorts, then through a back trail through some houses, then to a nice big lake.
So me Paul and Carrine jalan jalan and enjoyed all the nice homes. Here's one house we took.

So we reached the lake. We walked one round.
Then went back to the house. Where we met the rest who just arrived. Then I started cooking some chicken. Then we had a blast of a dinner. Justin (and wife) Wilfred (and wife and kid) Keith Sharon Rajini PsWahLockk (and wife) Sam all came too and we makaned and makaned.
Then the story of Paul Sam and Me going thru our rite of passage of claming our masculinity came about.
The three of us guys decided to go for a night walk down the same trail. So we walked. Carrine came along with her carrot cake. Pastor Wah Lock joked saying "If anything happen give me a call and we'll come and save you," referring probably to her going for a walk with 3 boys
So we four walked. We reached the lake again. We sat in the little pondok by the lake and exchanged stories for a long while. It was nice just being able to chat. We exchanged stories from class, from life, from whatever. That's that.
Then we walked back.
One of the houses suddenly had a dog planted outside. Pretty near the trail. It was a big black dog.
It barked very madly at us. 4 of us stood still and stared at the dog. The dog barked back at us.
Carrine was standing behind us three boys. I made a comment about it maybe being chained. But being a guy scared of dogs, I stood still, waiting for maybe Sam to walk first.
Then I took a step back.
Sam saw I took a step back and sprinted backwards like an olympic sprinter. I saw that he ran so I ran. Paul saw that I ran so he ran. Carrine saw that all her knights in shining armour ran so she sorta ran while being amused at Samuel's running.
Talk about machoness. We were chased by a chained dog.
We walked a longggggg way back to Keh Ching's home. When we arrived there Pastor Wah Lock's wife, Aunty Bessy said, "you all walked to PJ issit?"
Then we told them the story, and Keh Ching said, "Carrine, these three men couldn't find enough courage between the three of them to protect you."
Yeah well. Sam started it. He ran like a woman.
So we failed the manhood test I suppose. haha.







2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
yalar...tis sam ah..
i tell you... in just a split second i felt being knock a bit at my shoulder n i turned back den i saw him at least 6-7feet away from careen...
HAHAHA!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home