Johnny BOY!
Now, I have a lot to say about that gay show winning the Golden Globes and all, even though I haven't seen it, (like, why is Munich so obscure... and where in the world is my beloved Cinderella Man? WHY o WHY did Paul Giamatti lose). And there were cheers as well, I can laught at my sister (who's a real desperate housewives fan) when all four actresses got nominated in one same category only to lose the one outsider, the ever beautiful Mary Louise Parker. BUT ANYWAY, THAT'S NOT THE POINT.
The point is.


John Williams has done it again. I've been saying to some people that this year John Williams should get a triple nomination in the Oscars for Star Wars, Geisha, and Munich (though I've not seen Munich, but can imagine it being top of the range in terms of score). I'm sure Star Wars won't get nominated because rarely do sequels get nominated (LOTR and Harry Potter are anomalies)
But Hey I saw Geisha just last night, and hey, with a solo-ist like Yoyo Ma and a violinist like Itzhak Perlman, combined with a composer like Johnny boy Williams, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG???!!!
John Williams for the Oscars. The only person he can lose to is himself, for Munich (or very very unlikely, Star Wars: Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith)
The point is.


John Williams has done it again. I've been saying to some people that this year John Williams should get a triple nomination in the Oscars for Star Wars, Geisha, and Munich (though I've not seen Munich, but can imagine it being top of the range in terms of score). I'm sure Star Wars won't get nominated because rarely do sequels get nominated (LOTR and Harry Potter are anomalies)
But Hey I saw Geisha just last night, and hey, with a solo-ist like Yoyo Ma and a violinist like Itzhak Perlman, combined with a composer like Johnny boy Williams, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG???!!!
John Williams for the Oscars. The only person he can lose to is himself, for Munich (or very very unlikely, Star Wars: Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith)



2 Comments:
yes yes. i agree!!! he gave up scoring for harry potter 4 for Geisha, didn't he? *winks*
Anonymous sister says: Well, I do like Mary Louise Parker too.. so, it's not a total loss. 'Sides, not so much cat-fight among the desperate actresses then. At least they won the best series part. :P
Post a Comment
<< Home