Wasting Away #19: What Is Life Now?
Post Star Wars euphoria has been swirling inside me since last night. I didn't want to sleep last night, because I wondered what would life be like after I wake up the next morning? What would like be like without that lingering anticipation of another Star Wars? It has been something I've grown up with, and now it is no more. No, I'm not a dramatic fanatic. To put it in academic terms, watching Episode 3 was like a funeral procession for a very deeply embedded discourse in the context of my social construction.
Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars. I woke up this morning and realized that life is quite the same. I still checked my mail, read the news and came for class. Still ate my breakfast, still argued with loved ones, still made fun of people (well, not yet, but I'm getting there once I'm done with these nostalgic paragraphs). So what's different?
No more Star Wars movies. There is this sense of completion, of closure for a large chapter now. I've bought the toys, read a lot of the books, played a ton of the games, read up on news week after week. Well, it's over now. The story is complete. The SAGA is complete. And the Force has reached its maturity and will now slowly fade away into the hall of fame of "Life's Highlights". It has been a 21 year highlight (basically since I was born), and definitely longer than most of my other highlights, including, weird enough, my faith. That's not to say that my faith is less important, it's just my faith didn't kick in when I was five or 6 years old, see.
So now. The Force is no more. And I will cease to be Lord Darth Superratty (or Master Jedi Superratty) in due time.
Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars
*
Benji is going off to EQ now. Latest issue came out. My face is in there. I mean, who wouldn't want my face to be in there. Benji's face is in there too. He paid them.
Sarah is rushing for an assignment. She's short by a couple of paragraphs. FIkri is reading through blogs. Kerry is sulking in the media lab.
Sarah has been bugging me and Fikri all day. She kept on saying, "don't discuss star wars" but she'll suddenly ask something like, "who cut up Anakin Skywalker?". We were like, "what's your problem? Go watch the movie."
Ok I'll be honest. I'm going to watch Star Wars again later.
It's the most tragic movie. And the most nostalgic by far. And it's by far the most epic and... the best Star Wars movie I've ever seen in BOTH trilogies. 10 point rating from me.
*
Remember, the Force will be with you, always.
*
Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars. I woke up this morning and realized that life is quite the same. I still checked my mail, read the news and came for class. Still ate my breakfast, still argued with loved ones, still made fun of people (well, not yet, but I'm getting there once I'm done with these nostalgic paragraphs). So what's different?
No more Star Wars movies. There is this sense of completion, of closure for a large chapter now. I've bought the toys, read a lot of the books, played a ton of the games, read up on news week after week. Well, it's over now. The story is complete. The SAGA is complete. And the Force has reached its maturity and will now slowly fade away into the hall of fame of "Life's Highlights". It has been a 21 year highlight (basically since I was born), and definitely longer than most of my other highlights, including, weird enough, my faith. That's not to say that my faith is less important, it's just my faith didn't kick in when I was five or 6 years old, see.
So now. The Force is no more. And I will cease to be Lord Darth Superratty (or Master Jedi Superratty) in due time.
Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars
*
Benji is going off to EQ now. Latest issue came out. My face is in there. I mean, who wouldn't want my face to be in there. Benji's face is in there too. He paid them.
Sarah is rushing for an assignment. She's short by a couple of paragraphs. FIkri is reading through blogs. Kerry is sulking in the media lab.
Sarah has been bugging me and Fikri all day. She kept on saying, "don't discuss star wars" but she'll suddenly ask something like, "who cut up Anakin Skywalker?". We were like, "what's your problem? Go watch the movie."
Ok I'll be honest. I'm going to watch Star Wars again later.
It's the most tragic movie. And the most nostalgic by far. And it's by far the most epic and... the best Star Wars movie I've ever seen in BOTH trilogies. 10 point rating from me.
*
Remember, the Force will be with you, always.
*



1 Comments:
Remember...the Force is with all of us...
...ALWAYS.
Post a Comment
<< Home