Wednesday, February 16, 2005

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

How can one dismantle an atomic bomb?

I've never seen an atomic bomb.

Okay, suppose there's a red wire and a blue wire, which wire do I cut? Ok, what if there's a black and brown and purple wire? Which one do I cut?

I mean, I'm so eager to dismantle an atomic bomb but if i cut up one wrong wire I'd be dismantling the atomic bomb the explosive way, which I think isn't what Bono had in mind when he prepared his user's guide on "How to dismantle an atomic bomb".

What is an atomic bomb? An atomic bomb is a bomb that deals a lot of damage. Not something you want to buy for your kids. Let's look into U2's CD to see if there are any clues for us dimbulbs on how to dismantle an atomic bomb,

Track 1 - Vertigo
"The jungle is in your head..."
I think that he's refering to the many wires being difficult is just a fear we must conquer with our minds.

"Hello, hello, I'm at a place called Vertigo... It's everything I wish I didn't know..."

Now he's saying that we should wish that we didn't know how to dismantle an atomic bomb...

"All of this, all of this can be yours"
All of WHAT?

Track 2 - Miracle Drug
"Freedom has a scent... Like the top of a new born baby's head"
So an atomic bomb, when dismantled, looks like a baby's head... Now we know what we're working towards... And I guess the atomic bomb has something to do with drugs as well. Maybe we need to be at a state of high-ness to dismantle an atomic bomb,

Track 3 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Title says is all. We need more than one person to dismantle an atomic bomb

Track 4 - Love and Peace Or Else
"Lay down... lay down... We're gonna break the monsters' back"
Cool, so we need to lie down while dismantling the bomb, apparently to dismantle the "back" first. That's assuming that the bomb is the monster and not some terrorist.

Track 5 - City of Blinding Lights
Bono is just reminding us that if the atomic bomb goes off, a city would turn into a city of blinding lights cos the explosion is gonna be so powerfully great it's gonna be blinding.

Track 6 - All Because of You
"I was born a child of grace... "
You need to be a child of grace before. What thatmeans i don't know.

"Some people get squashed crossing the tracks... some people got high rises on their backs... I'm not broke but you can see the cracks... You can make me perfect again..."
Ok, some technical terms here. it's a dangerous business, dismantling an atomic bomb... You can get squashed. Then there's something about cracks. Maybe that's where you pry the bomb open.

Track 7 - Man and a Woman
So you need a man and woman to dismantle an atomic bomb. This means that an atomic bomb is a sort of anti-sexism thing.

Track 8 - Crumbs from your table

"from the brightest star... comes the blackest hole..."
So i'm sure this means we need to check for glowing lights, and aim for the shadowed spots. Maybe there's a button we need to push.

"Cool down mama, cool off..."
Don't bring your mom along to dismantle an atomic bomb.

Track 9 - One step Closer
We're one step closer to dismantling an atomic bomb already.

Track 10 - Original of the Species
If the bomb goes off, the surviving humans will become a new breed of living beings.

Track 11 - Yahweh
"Yahweh... Still I'm waiting for the dawn"
When in doubt, ask God. But please don't ask when it's already too late.

"Take these hands... teach them what to carry..."
I told you not to ask when it's already too late.

------------

Now, do you know how to dismantle an atomic bomb? I've heard the CD tonnes of times. Fantastic album. Won three grammies.

Says nothing about dismantling an atomic bomb, though. Darn, what was this post about again?







3 Comments:

Blogger gutsygal said...

... -.-""""""

12:26 am  
Blogger Fikri said...

I think Track 3 may also refer to having to wear thick layers of protective clothing. Not that it'd be much help if the bomb does go off.

1:34 am  
Blogger joanne liyeng said...

"Cool down mama, cool off..."Don't bring your mom along to dismantle an atomic bom.


I like this one. rofl. =)

12:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home