Saturday, July 01, 2006

Walls, Toilets, Wolves, and more Walls.

Just a short excerpt from a short story I've been working on called Walls, Toilets, Wolves, and More Walls Thought I might as well entertain you with it since I have nothing else to blog about.

*

Walls, Toilets, Wolves, and more Walls

*

Ah Gong woke up under the shower. And there he met Faye, who arrived from the toilet bowls’ pipeline.

Ah Gong was sitting under the shower, staring up at the dry showerhead. He wondered how he had arrived in the toilet. It wasn’t any toilet that he recognized from anywhere. It had light blue tiles, a shower, a sink, and a toilet bowl.

Then Faye spurted out from the toilet bowl. At that moment, it didn’t occur to both Ah Gong and Faye that any toilet bowl would not fit an adult human body. But Faye’s head pumped out of the well of water, desperately gasping for breath. She swallowed in fresh air for a moment, then stretched out her arms to crawl out of the toilet bowl.

Ah Gong just stared at Faye and thought that it was rather odd that someone would come through the toilet bowl. He did not react in any frenzied way, but just sat there and stared.

“Can you give me a hand? Excuse me? I’m trying to get out here,” asked Faye, breathlessly.

Ah Gong did not respond.

“Hey. Dude. Guy. Give me a hand. Hello?” asked Faye again, a little louder this time. Ah Gong finally snapped out of his daze, got to his feet, grabbed her arms, and hoisted her from the toilet bowl. Faye seemed stuck, but with a little nudge (Ah Gong put one foot on the toilet bowl for leverage) and a soft pop, Faye came out of the toilet bowl like a cork out of a bottle. A stream of clear water rose in the toilet bowl and overflowed unto the toilet floor.

“Are you alright?” asked Ah Gong, as he held Faye in his arms. She wasn’t particularly attractive, but her eyes looked determined in an undetermined way. Ah Gong didn’t fall in love with her there and then; neither did Faye fall in love with her newfound toilet hero.

Then the shower came on. It was the first time he ever had a shower with anyone in his life, thought Ah Gong. Faye thought the same. They did not move. They just let the water drip and flow downwards. They hardly spoke for the next two minutes. Faye did ask, “Where did you come from?”

“I’m not sure, I was out there. Hit a wall. And… I don’t know. I know you came through the toilet bowl though,” answered Ah Gong. Faye laughed, then looked away. The shower wasn’t very loud. They could hear each other’s snickering.

“Actually, I don’t know how I ended up here as well. I tried dying, I think,” explained Faye.

“You don’t look too dead to me.”

Maybe they fell in love then. Maybe they didn’t. Just before they could entertain the thought or make the necessary calculations as to whether they were falling in love or not, the toilet door opened, and an old man in a white gown greeted them.

“Welcome to dream. You are clean now, and you may enter our world.”

Faye and Ah Gong looked at each other and looked at the old man, “Dream? We’re in a dream?”

The old man shook his head slowly, “No, you’re not in a dream. You’re in dream,”

“Where dreams are?”

“Where dreams are made, yes.”

“And we had to get here through a toilet?”

“Many things, especially oddities, will be made clear to you as time passes. For now, let’s just say that from a logical perspective, the best way to shake off any worldly dust off you would be to take a good shower, and the only logical place to get a shower is in a toilet, alright?”

“This doesn’t look like dream. It’s a toilet,” remarked Faye.

The old man gave Faye a gentle look with his pink eyes and prompted them, “Do step out.”

*


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TMY and toilets.

hmm.

4:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home