Friday, October 26, 2007

The Mental Toys: FGT - 365 Student Ministry

So it's finally online. The video that took me and Paul wanted to do for some time.
This is Full Gospel Tabernacle's youth ministry, also known as 365 Student Ministry.



*

So come!

*

I must say I had tremendous fun shooting this little project. It was nothing particularly fancy, really, but it was a fun experience.

It started some time in 2007. The previous youth promotional video was getting outdated, and me and Paul decided that we were doing too many videos and wanted to do something that would last at least two years before anyone's gotta think about a promo video again.

You see, the usual case would be, I write the thing. I draw it out. Then either me or Paul will shoot it. Then Paul will cut it up. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's bad. So this time. We were lazy.

Or rather, I was lazy.

So I got him to ask a bunch of other youths to write out ideas and proposals. And we collated maybe about 4 or 5 ideas. And Jamie's one stood out tremendously, mostly because it had some visual potential that excited me. Then we parked it in my brains and left it for a few months.

Then we wrote the thing out properly (it's scaled down a lot) and shot the thing. It was very fun dragging Jamie (she's the actress too) and Paul around Subang Jaya shooting stuff. And that was that. Then we cut it. And we screened it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home